What to pack for an Autox

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I wish I could go with you! Have fun and get some video!

Paul.c

I am so excited about this upcomming season. I am out of the noob class and in a much larger and more competitive class. I am getting everything ordered and ready. Does anyone have a good source for magnetic numbers? Or is static cling a better option? I see alot of them out there but I'm not sure what thickness is really needed for 1 day a month of low speed (comparitively speaking) racing.

Paul.c

Here is another suggestion for pre auto-x prep. Knowing your corner limits. My suggestion is extreme parking. See the following images for reference:
a6cd0b21-f79c-b74b.jpg

a6cd0b21-f7d7-ff36.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I can't wait to hit the track and post video's for you boys of my speed racer driving skills! LOL!

Undecisive

The above picture is just one of the many things Gino stuffs into his trunk for an autox. ;) But based on last season Here's what I bring

-Gino (He brings all the knowledge and tools)
-Spare fluids (1 qt oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid)
-empty bottles for when I bleed lines
-tools (My buddy Nolan, Allen wrenches, a few sockets, screwdriver, gerber, knife,tire pressure gauge)
-small 2 man tent to throw my stuff in
-1 case of water
-cooler w/ ice for drinks
-chef boyardee to leave on the pavement to warm up
-spare wheels
-rain jacket and a change of clothes
-sleeping bag + pillow if It's an out of town race.
-painters tape for people who need it
-number magnets
-duct tape (for mounting my droid to the dash lol)
-notebook and pens for documenting suspension changes, tire pressures, and times
-then of course the helmet and gloves.

Undecisive

don't be jealous. The Monkey footies make it easy to get sideways and hit as many cones as possible. You should've came to the event in savannah I did with teddy. He was working the course while I was running it... So i thought it would be a great idea to get completely sideways going through his section. Best part about it.... I stole half of his cones and knocked the other half way off course :D just like you do to old man dave.

ZachTTLM

Being that Auto X season has began and there a lot of events coming up I thought I would add to this.

*Once this become a regular thing I am sure you will end up spending the $300.00 for the cordless impact gun..that along with the torque sticks should be taken for tire changes and so on.
*Go Pro or Replay XD to record the footage
*Healthy snacks in case of hunger or energy drop
*Water (I know this was apart of lists but staying hydrated is very important)
*Basic Hand tools specifically 10mm, 12mm, 14mm wrenches and sockets but depending on what goes wrong may need other sizes these are the most common subaru sizes though after market parts may also add to the need of other sizes.

Also for to help minimize the amount of stuff that is left outside laying on the ground or stuffed into your box take out all the unneeded things before you head to the event. I know our guys basically dismantle all the foam, and coverings from their trunk.