Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh I cant kiss and tell haha. ill reserve judgement till I'm done. Alinro's tune is a bear. Turned out the previous owner installed a turbosx piggy back and it was messing with the cobb but we got that all fixed and we are back to tuning. Grinder and septic are going well. Stay tuned for final results

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy is a great guy! I'm say :bump: this!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Tune Data, posted 02/18/2013

Car: 2004 STi
Elevation: 4800ft
Turbo: Stock VF39
Exhaust: Full turbo back, CNT Racing (catted)downpipe Skunk2 3" (midpipe and muffler)
Fuel: 91
Gear: 3rd and 4th
Client: Septic

Max HP: 317
Max Torque: 326

Notes: Some key points are 91 octane fuel and 4800ft above sea level on a stock turbo. Virtual Dyno results should not be used as bragging rights. The numbers may vary depending on so many factors. VD is used only as a comparison tool when making adjustments from one rom to the next. That said, if all of the input data is accurate the dyno results can be considered fairly accurate as well.

Due also to the fact that the elevation is rather high the turbo was not able to maintain the same level of boost from 5000 rpm on and tapers more than i was hoping. I was impressed with the quick spool on the 4th gear pull and torque comes on strong and sustains itself for a good amount of time till power exceeds it. Overall, for a car at altitude and 91 octane fuel, I would say this is not bad. I actually dialed it back for safety sake.

Final recommendations to the end user are to keep and eye on knock and contact me at the first sign for a correction. Maintain oil and replace every 3000 miles with Amsoil or equivalent. If planing to relocate the vehicle to a lower altitude please contact me for a re-tune.

Rev%202-18-13.jpg

Regards, George

Last edited:
Well it has been about 6 months sense Holy worked his magic on my STi and just wanted to put the word out. Not one problem has cropped up, not one. I have now put the car though strait line, road course, hill climb, rally cross, dirt, mud and snow.

Best bang for your buck... ...wait I didnt spend a penny. F###ing Highfive to Holy and the team here at IGOTASTi.COM

P.S. I need more IGOTASTi.COM business cards... ...We got midnight madness subaru drags here at Rocky Mountain Raceway here in Utah. Who would have thought there is something good here in Utah.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Glad to here everything is still working properly... Do me a favor and post a log of normal driving when you can. Then log the next time you compete or feel the urge to go WOT and post that also.

I like to keep tabs on everything I do from time to time to make sure things stay good. Though it feels ok, a log can reveal issues you never knew existed.

Thank you!
George.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well it has been about 6 months sense Holy worked his magic on my STi and just wanted to put the word out. Not one problem has cropped up, not one. I have now put the car though strait line, road course, hill climb, rally cross, dirt, mud and snow.

Best bang for your buck... ...wait I didnt spend a penny. F###ing Highfive to Holy and the team here at IGOTASTi.COM

P.S. I need more IGOTASTi.COM business cards... ...We got midnight madness subaru drags here at Rocky Mountain Raceway here in Utah. Who would have thought there is something good here in Utah.

Please send us a pm. Thank you.

Hk702

can someone pm me with info on this and Septic how far from vegas is that raceway or your town in UT? like St george (close) or like Saltlake (far lol) thanks..

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Start by reading the first post and understanding every word. :tup: Then PM me with a request and we can get started. You need a wide band installed and working. You also need to be familiar with logging to RomRaider or AccessTuner Race and you need to know how to flash roms to your car. you also need to have your wide band logging to your software of choice. If you have specific questions with any of this you can start a new thread and ask away :D

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Fantastic news! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, so you have posted Septic's tune review, but not Grinder's! Any chance we can see his as well, pretty please?! :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
We didn't really finish. I wanted to tune AVCS but I can post the last results with stock AVCS. I also must stress that these numbers are not likely accurate. I use Virtual Dyno and it gives me erratic results from car to car. I use it primarily to gauge my progress when tuning for WOT. So based on that I really don't like to post them anymore. But I will if my arm is twisted.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I understand its just a very rough drafted guideline but im curious to see!

Is there a margin for VD vs a real dyno to see how far off the numbers really are?

Status
Not open for further replies.