Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I understand its just a very rough drafted guideline but im curious to see!

Is there a margin for VD vs a real dyno to see how far off the numbers really are?

Nope... to many variables. The road surface, the incline or decline, the head wind etc.

When I do it I find a perfectly level road or a slight decline and I use the same stretch of road all the time and on clam clear days.

Nope... to many variables. The road surface, the incline or decline, the head wind etc.

When I do it I find a perfectly level road or a slight decline and I use the same stretch of road all the time and on clam clear days.

This is what I have noticed as well. You want nice numbers? Hit up a slight downhill and run vd, lol.

Luckily I literally have the end of an interstate that is still in construction so it stays wide open.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just finished Alin's tune... We ended up with 330whp and 367wtrq on virtual dyno. I like his solid AFR's and the boost doesn't tapper so much. Unusual for a VF39. This seems to be a torque monster because torque is very high and fairly level through 5500

His car stats are as follows...

Turbo, VF39
Stock injectors
Cobb SF intake
JNA Performance Big TMIC
Cobb 3 port EBCS
SPT turbo back exhaust
Forge BPV
Open Source, Tactrix

Elevation: 262ft, Gear: 4th

4th%20gear-A10.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:ty: :ty: :ty:

Please note:

We started tuning with Cobb AP and i kept having issues. Switched over to Tactrix and must say this to everyone out there:

Tactrix > Cobb AP in every way. Cheaper, more and better data, a breeze to work with! I strongly urge people to go the Tactrix route when/if they get around to tuning! :tup:

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I would say thank you, but George is the one to thank here! :lol: :bigtup: [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hopefully his will go A LOOOOOOOT smoother than mine! :rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hahahaha. It would be hard to believe that anyone else would take as long as i did. (I hope you dont ever have to do a tune for that long of a time frame ever again! :lol: )

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hahahaha. It would be hard to believe that anyone else would take as long as i did. (I hope you dont ever have to do a tune for that long of a time frame ever again! :lol: )

It doesn't bother me. These tunes are at the clients convenience. I could just as easily go back to masturbating for the time being :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It doesn't bother me. These tunes are at the clients convenience. I could just as easily go back to masturbating for the time being :tard:

Im not saying you did, but wow!!!! You had HELL OF AN AMOUNT OF TIME to masturbate then!!! :rofl: :rofl:

:ty: :ty: :ty:

Please note:

We started tuning with Cobb AP and i kept having issues. Switched over to Tactrix and must say this to everyone out there:

Tactrix > Cobb AP in every way. Cheaper, more and better data, a breeze to work with! I strongly urge people to go the Tactrix route when/if they get around to tuning! :tup:

When I get a bigger turbo with larger injectors I will also be doing a tactrix open source since in still but hurt about my version 1 ap not being supported by tuners now LOL.

Not to mention I've also heard allot of good thing about the open source tune.

Last edited:
Speaking from experience, I concur! Before [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION], I had another reputable etuner tuning the car. It didn't go well and the tuner was hard to get ahold of, with sometimes no response for over a week. Now, Holy reminds me when a new rom is up.

I will definitely return to him when I upgrade.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Speaking from experience, I concur! Before @HolyCrapItsFast, I had another reputable etuner tuning the car. It didn't go well and the tuner was hard to get ahold of, with sometimes no response for over a week. Now, Holy reminds me when a new rom is up.

I will definitely return to him when I upgrade.
Ditto ditto ditto!!!! I was robbed $120 from a previous tuner and left with a shitty tune and my thumb up my ass! [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] knows what true professionalism is!!! :bigtup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
2007 STi
Turbo: Stock
Exhaust: Invidia turbo back
Other mods: EBCS, 38mm Tial EWG, GS up-pipe, one-step colder plugs, APS 70mm CAI

Elevation: 750ft
Temperature: N/A
Humidity: N/A
Gear: 4th

Power: 319 hp
Torque: 352 ft/lbs

A13.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whose car? Wobbly AFR!

What kind of difference does an aftermaket uppipe and ewg make on a stock turbo?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The AFR's are well with in 1% of target. Looks pretty smooth to me. As to the difference... You need to compare this dyno plot to another identical car with out the suggested mods and it should be done under the same exact circumstances and by the same tuner.

In other words your guess is a s good as mine.

The better question to ask is why do people choose to use a specific mod. In this case I would guess better flow and more consistent boost control. Personally I would have suggested the end user spend his money on other mods but you know what... The results speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.