Poor Color Scheme

DanInTheRockies

When attempting to make my first post, I entered tags. I got an error at the top of the screen upon submitting. It stated something about the following error, but all I could see was a solid black line about 1/4" high. I kept trying, then finally, I took my mouse and highlighted the black line. Sure enough it had a message, but the foreground and background color were both black. I removed the tags, and was able to post (since my permissions do not allow me to create tags).

It woud be good to adjust some of the colors on the site to make it more readable.

If it matters, I am running the latest version of Chrome on the latest version of Mac OSX Lion.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Please clean out your cookies and try again. Also do you have a screen shot?

DanInTheRockies

Screen Shots

I deleted my cookies.

I could not reproduce the originally-reported color issue; however, I have attached two screen shots for your review. The first is the screen showing very similar foreground and background colors, and the second shows what it looks like when I highlight the text by selecting it.

I am not trying to be a pain, just hoping to help make the site better.

It appears I cannot attach pictures with a free membership. Let me know if I can e-mail them to you or upload somewhere.

I want to use the site for a while before I pay for a membership.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We just added a new blue theme and replaced the old blue theme. If you have any issues please let us know. Also live chat will be down for a while as we have to fix display. Thank you.

jefferis

VP of I.G.O.T.A., LLC
Hi Dan, We are trying to simplify the color schemes. We had custom schemes we purchased, but every time vB makes a minor update, all our template colors have to be redone. Unfortunately, the creators of vBulletin do not use conventional CSS design controls, so there is a lot of things that should work together color wise that don't. You can use DropBox to upload public pictures/screen shots:
Sign up for free! http://db.tt/LHsSwVt if that will help. We'd like to see the error.