Anyone here into watches?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Not a watch guy but I'd like to get a nice one or two to have for years. My dad has a few Movados and loves them.
What's the opinion on them? Yay or nay?
I love this one a lot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415321146.018417.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much is it?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
1695 full retail.
I've seen it for 900-1400 on average with some around 700 (blemished)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Not a bad price at all.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Movados are a really good brand.

Also collecting different watches is what makes it fun.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You can get a nice used one for around $2500, but new ones are $12,000 and higher for the sweet ones.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Movado sapphire synergy with black rubber strap. Found it for 899.
I just need to persuade Mrs. Claus to bring it to me. Lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh yeah!

Joden Jewelry

Check out this beautiful pre-owned Rolex. Mint condition, all papers and box included. Extra links too! Submariner, 2013, Model 116610. You will have to message us for the price. This one won't be here long ;)

rolex.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's a cool watch.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Spamby, do you know much about watches?

Grinder's first rule of watches: Get what you think looks good.

Grinder's second rule of watches: Unlike with cars, get an automatic.

Quartz are great for reliability and many other things, but to me the cool part about watches are all the moving bits inside. Automatics (well, ok all mechanical watches) are crafted around springs, gears, etcs and thats what makes them expensive. For the most part, i just dont understand expensive quartz watches. Some of them have mechanical complications (a complication is anything other than the time on the watch...so something like date, stopwatch, moon phase, etc...) but in general quartz is quartz.

I highly recommend you google "watch movement" and just start to expand a knowledge base a bit. Rolex, and other top-end manufacturers, make their own movement from scratch. That's why they cost so much. Then there are mid-tier that are generally customized movements. Meaning they took an Ej25 and did TGV deletes, a bigger turbo. And then there are more OEM movements.

Anyways the wife is kicking me off the computer, but watches are just as fascinating as cars!

Last edited:

salsa-king

has anyone got the Rolex DeepSea SeaDweller with the new Blue face?