Anyone here into watches?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Im not sure if there's much crossover, but i figure finely-tuned cars and precision mechanical watches might attract some of the same crowd.

If so, i'd love to hear about your collections, favorite manufacturers, etc...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I will post some pics of my collection. Great thread. :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
attachment.php

That's really my only watch as of now. Fortis Fliger 595.10.46, a hand-me-down from my dad.

A nice automatic. Simple, not-so-thin, and in reasonable condition. But i've worn it pretty much every day for the last 6+ years including when I'm wrenching on cars, so it's in pretty good condition, all-things-considered! The hour hand has a piece missing (lodged by the 2:00 position) :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice. I will get some pics soon! I like this thread.

jswansti

Love watches! I get it from my dad.

I've got 3 I really care about. An Omega Seamaster automatic, the same one Brosnan wore as James Bond. Also have a '68 Omega Seamaster automatic and a 50's Hamilton Pacer, the first battery watch.

Omega:
aee885d5-4104-3fb8.jpg

Hamilton:
aee885d5-4120-1838.jpg

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Oh wow. I like the Seamaster a lot.

First, pics!

Second, do you wear your vintage ones anymore? I'd be worried about the abuse I give my watch on something older and collectable.

jswansti

Updated with pics!

And yeah I still wear them. I work in accounting for a small bank, so they're pretty far from daily harm lol. Also wear them for special occasions, holidays. The newer seamaster I wear almost daily though, and its definitely got some wear to show it. I just like it so much!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I like that STI one, cool! I'm also liking that Panerai a lot...im not usually into Panerai, so :tup: What's is complication...im not totally sure about that extra dial? Same with the Nixon, what's it extra complication?

Anyways, cool watches, I wish I had those!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Just ordered my newest one:

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's a hand-wind, which should be interesting (i've only ever had quartz and automatic before), but I'm excited for it to arrive!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm gonna have to take some pics of my collection.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I forgot about this thread! I've been wearing my ML for months now. Its now my go-to.

JJ I wanna see your watches!

Which reminds me of a joke, to be posted elsewhere :)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That hand wind is killer and pricey to boot.

Love watches but sadly don't own anything worth mentioning. You see, watches have a tendency to stop working shortly after they are on my wrist.

Have had my eye on a Movado Sapphire but can't see spending that kind of money for a watch that will stop working in a short time.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Its like Mitch Hedberg said about pens:

I bought a $7 pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring.

Buy a nice watch and you'll be more careful and appreciate it more!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Not that I destroy it from damage or impact, they literally stop working. Like I suck the life out of them. Lol. My grandad was the same with watches.

salsa-king

picked up this DeTomaso spacy the other week

De Tomaso watch by salsa-king, on Flickr

which one do you think is the fake?
nurolex007.jpg

The one on the right is the fake I think. Very much into watches my self. I have an Ebel, Citizen Titanium Eco Drive, Also the Stainless version, as well as a handful of Fossils. Saving up for a Breitling Navitimer.