East Coast Track Meetup?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
It seems there are quite a few people on here from the mid-atlantic-ish region. I think it'd be really fun/interesting/educational, if we all met up for a track day at any of the local NASA, SCCA, etc... events. It's only the middle of the summer, so there are still lots of track days left. Anyone else interested?

If this idea gains some steam, we could [try to] come to a consensus on a particularl track and weekend that works for people.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm game.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Okkkay, so i've been busy and dropped the ball on this for a while. Would Oct/Nov potentially work for people?

My personal suggestion would be the NASA event at Summit Point on Nov 3/4. My reasoning is that it's an event traditionally sponsored by Mach V, so there will be LOTS of subie/evos there. It could theoretically double as a little IGOTA PR campaign. I also like it, because it's closish to the pittsburgh guys. I don't like it because it's far from the NC guys and the NE people as well.

Each other track seems to have similar location issues: VIR, NJMP, BeaveRun (do they even have any more events this year??), Watkins Glen.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Vermont

A good place for the nc guys would be VIR in south central va. I think this would be a great opportunity to pull in some acrive subi guys from the track. This would also be good for us newbi drivers too get some good ointers from the more experiamced subaru drivers. Plus i wana use my track wheels and tires.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have no clue where we should go to be honest. Beaverun is real close to me. Only about an hour away.

Vermont

and +5 plus for us. What we need to do is find out the closest place for the MAJORITY of people. I.E. 10 people in NC and only 2 and PA wanna go, we then do a meet up at VIR which is about 2 hours away from bragg if I remember right. I like summit point, due to it being right in the middle of the PA and NC guys (plus being close too me). VIR would be great as well, due to how close it is to the NC guys and how awesome of a track it is (never run there just seen the footage). IF we do decided to do the summit point November date then I can house any one for free, not a big issue for me.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yeah, i'm curious about what tracks people would actually come to. I'd like to maximize the number of people there!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well i think i'm gonna do the Nov 3/4 event at Summit Point! Its sponsored by the local shop MachV, and there will be a lot of subies. Anyone else wanna join in?

JJ, if you're not gonna go, do you have a banner, cards, etc... you might be able to send this way? I could try to recruit there. I dont know what your setup was like at OCAWD, but i could try to mimic that.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well i think i'm gonna do the Nov 3/4 event at Summit Point! Its sponsored by the local shop MachV, and there will be a lot of subies. Anyone else wanna join in?

JJ, if you're not gonna go, do you have a banner, cards, etc... you might be able to send this way? I could try to recruit there. I dont know what your setup was like at OCAWD, but i could try to mimic that.

Where is Summit Point?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
from pgh: http://goo.gl/maps/R2Oab
from dc: http://goo.gl/maps/TnxN8
from va beach:

It's in WV kinda near the VA, WV, and MD intersection. Looks to be about 4 hrs from pgh. I think Mark offered to host some people since he lives not-too-far away, but I'll let him re-issue that offer ;)

Track link:
http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=21

Registration link:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1514

Edit: i just got an email about the event, and the estimated track time is 96 min per car per day. Thats over 3 hours of track time!!

Last edited:

35r

beaver run , or keystone is okay... depending on the kind of track wer looking at. road course or drag ?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
road course 'course! :lol: Oh god bad puns....sorry.

35r, i know you have some turbo lag issues, but with a roadcourse you can keep revs up pretty well, MUCH better than an autox. Seriously, big turbo was MADE for a road course! Look at what turbos a lot of the fast STI track cars are running: BIG. The element tuning one which is fast runs a GT65 ;)

35r

touche' good sir ! i think i may invest in an ALS ... because turbo lag is an understatement for what i got goin on lol...

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Bump! I just placed my order for the event.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap hotel room. They seem to start at around $55, with ones a little closer being a little more. I'd probably spend that much on gas getting home at night, so i think its worth it...especially if someone else wants to get in on that action!

Vermont

O I am always down for some action, late at night, in a hotel room, after a long hot day...... Also summit point is 55 miles from me, so an hour tops.... gas will be cheaper. also which day are you planning on going? both? if so I might get in on that as well. ima call up Mach V tomorrow after class.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yep. As of now you can only sign up for both. Apparently as the event gets closer, if it hasn't sold out, you can sign up for individual days.

Evo_Fucking_STi

I would definetly be interested however I won't be ready to hit a track till spring. One of my two cars will be track worthy by spring time. Just not sure which it will be. Either the Track wagon, or the street sweeper blobeye