Time to set the record straight!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Because of our values as a community, we feel that it is important that all members of the community stay informed by means of truthful, well documented information. As a result, we have the desire to release information withheld not to deceive, but in attempt to keep a state of civility and relative peace. There will always be the intellectual, heated discussions between a few of our members and that’s a good thing. Without our diversity in thought and approach, this community would not be what it is today. However, certain events have been extensive enough that things outside of these forums need to be addressed.

First off, let us all review what makes the foundation of the I.G.O.T.A. brand. We are a community dedicated to protecting the little guy and making sure he has the right information. After all, these founding principles are what started the first online forums: a place to share information freely, a place where large corporations did not quiet the voices of little guys with issues. Our team within each forum embodies these principles as it is what sets us apart from other communities. It’s not that we are somehow naturally better than others or that we know everything. In fact we realize that no one person can completely understand everything about all the diverse sections within each forum. One member may have extensive experience in building engines, another member may have extensive experience in suspension and yet another may be quite knowledgeable about tuning. Each person understands their own experiences and understanding contribute to the overall knowledge of the community. And each person seeks growth both within their current skill set and without. We promote an area unique because no one person should ever feel like they are less than another. When a member makes a valid point, it doesn’t matter whether they have 1 post or a million; it doesn’t matter if the member has been in the forum for a month or a day. We will continue to set the standard for other communities around the world because we are a tight knit team, a family. In essence we stand for freedom and this will continue to frighten as well as intimidate other communities.

As a staff, we vow to police our own ranks and continue to provide a healthy learning, nurturing environment. Sometimes that means casting aside pride and allowing another perspective brought to the table a chance to take root so long as it does not infringe upon the value we hold most dear: our freedoms. The big difference between this statement and what seems to be popular in society today is the realization that you are free to do what you want so long as it does not take the freedoms of others. We do not have a popular mentality and may not be the go to place for any communal gathering of one singular interest. However, we will continue to build and test the bedrock of information our members have striven to build for these past two years. We will continue to follow a singular path toward a community that is known as not for everyone, but the one that enjoys the most freedom and shares their common passions creating an undeniable camaraderie. There are other places that will be more appealing to some vendors and some members. We have denied the applications of a few vendors now because they weren’t quite right for this particular community.

Remember that freedom isn’t just a right; it’s something you fight and bleed for. There have been costs to maintaining a community founded around integrity and freedom. There will be people who want to sling mud on our name. There will be people who try to skew our intentions so that they may profit from our demise. There have been organizations from the very beginning telling this community to shut down and become part of their flock. But, here we stand today after more than two years, still growing, and still scaring those in powerful places in other communities because we stand for freedom. Our moderators in one arena were recently threatened with expulsion from that media because of their unfaltering commitment to integrity and freedom. Everyone I ask of you: Continue your work, your learning and your questioning of everyone and everything. Continue to ask the best of your moderators and to help them provide you with the best community in the world. Continue to show your moderator teams that the best has yet to come to pass.

Your Servant Leader, JJ Smith

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Please keep this thread professional. Thank you.

STimedic

I joined here because Gino and Edwin led me to it. I then became a member once I realized the quality of the site. There's the reason why I'm only a lurker on the other sites. Nuff said.

Z1107

I went through 3 other forums before Edwin led me here. If the forum wasn't here I would pushed the Rex off a cliff by now.

I joined here because Gino and Edwin led me to it. I then became a member once I realized the quality of the site. There's the reason why I'm only a lurker on the other sites. Nuff said.

It was the same for me. One meeting JJ at the OC meet and talking to everyone else that are members. It was a pretty simple decision for me to become a paying member

Busker

From day one this site has had my full and utter dedication. Ive been on other forums and like what was previously said, flamed bc I couldnt understand something. This site has helped me and my Gremlin of a car in soo many ways. How many other forums have members whom actually give numbers out to perfect strangers so you can discuss troubleshooting ideas. This site is like no other its a cult following of caring and helping individuals; that is unforeseen in todays world. So I again I say thank you, and once my car is up and running properly I will be purchasing a membership ( my wife is the smart one in the family and allots me an allowance for my car, otherwise we'd be absolutely broke! lol). I cant wait to see how high this site goes, its potential is limited only by the members.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thank you everyone for the nice kind words. You all have no idea how much they mean. It really keeps me going. :tup:

STimedic

(my wife is the smart one in the family and allots me an allowance for my car, otherwise we'd be absolutely broke! lol).

My wife does the same thing....but it's gotten all of our bills paid off for the most part (10k in CC debt GONE in 6mos!), so I can't complain because in turn, she's allowed me more money to buy parts here and there.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I hope everyone knows I give these communities everything I got.

ZachTTLM

I hope everyone knows I give these communities everything I got.

And it is most appreciated JJ!! and want to say that we are here to support you any way we can!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I just wanted to take this time again and say thank you again to each and everyone who support us daily. If it wasn't for all your support and love of igotasti.com we wouldn't still be here.

God bless. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We're just checking to see how everyone thinks things are going here.

Please let us know.

:ty:

When I first Got my STi 2 months ago I went out and found every forum I could find and this place was the only one that I felt like I wanted to support after a few hours of going over each website. This was the most family oriented place that welcomed me with open arms! Thanks so much for your dedication to all us members. I'm very appreciative.
Also I am waiting for some cold weather so I can wear my IGOTASTi hoodie!