YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRIND MY GEARS? Thread

Z1107

There's a company in eastern Tennessee designing the infrastructure and assembly procedures for a switch. But big oil is fighting it. God forbid politicians sacrifice campaign donations and switch us to methane. Burns clean, better performance and don't have to drive shitboxes!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The problem is even natural gas would only be a temporary measure, a stop gag if you will, and we will never see if happen in our life times. The power of the oil and petroleum industries and countries is far to strong for them to allow the worlds largest user of crude oil to move to a different energy.

Also just as a side note natural gas is much cleaner for the environment than burning gasoline or diesel, and is of a much higher octane ratting (110ron if I remember right) along with having more BTU's.

At least this would buy us time to develop an efficient way to generate Hydrogen. The issue with burning any kind of fossil fuel is the release of ancient carbon that was locked away millions of years ago. Burning renewable sources like ethanol or algae juice or what ever they come up with is a bit better because we are only releasing modern carbon that is circulating in the environment already. Ultimately Hydrogen is the way to go though IMO.

Any way not to derail this thread...

Herpes... or to elaborate... Pharmaceuticals. I know they have cures for so many diseases... they just sit on them because there is no money in cures but there are billions of dollars in treatment.

Greedy mother fuckers are going to rot in hell!

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Over population!

Guys keep it in your pants and girls close your legs!!! ;)

This planet can no longer support the numbers of today.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The sad thing is that the smartest people (who we would want to be breeding and populating the planet) are the ones that realize how expensive a kid is, how it affects lifestyle, etc.. So they have one, maybe two, often later in life. (I'm not tying to call anyone on here, or their parents, siblings, etc.... dumb. Just saying, its a trend, not an absolute.) Anyways...

The stupidest demographics and fucking hardcore rednecks (anyone seen "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia"!?!) have kids pretty much anually, for like 10 years.

So, stasticially the world is getting dumber, and at an exponential pace.

Deek

The sad thing is that the smartest people (who we would want to be breeding and populating the planet) are the ones that realize how expensive a kid is, how it affects lifestyle, etc.. So they have one, maybe two, often later in life. (I'm not tying to call anyone on here, or their parents, siblings, etc.... dumb. Just saying, its a trend, not an absolute.) Anyways...

The stupidest demographics and fucking hardcore rednecks (anyone seen "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia"!?!) have kids pretty much anually, for like 10 years.

So, stasticially the world is getting dumber, and at an exponential pace.

Sounds a lot like the movie Idiocracy was more of a prophecy than for entertainment. ;)

Deek via Tapatalk on the GNEX.

Vermont

Sounds a lot like the movie Idiocracy was more of a prophecy than for entertainment. ;)

Deek via Tapatalk on the GNEX.

Sadly yes..... :( you can see it every day as the country becomes dumber and more servile.....

My solution to this is either A, zombie Apocalypse or B, Become president and start up a eugenics program like the U.S. had back in the 30s. You know what is scariest is that straight up mouth breathing idiots (like 90IQ and less) are allowed to reproduce..... Why.... Why are they deluding the gene pool with their stupidity, just make'em sterile and then they can go on and fuck with rabbits with what ever they want, they will just be impotent.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
George when your burn methane, doesn't it emit H2O?

Yes mostly. But it also emits carbon. The only thing that I know of that emits only H20 and no carbon are anything that doesn't have carbon in its molecular makeup but does have hydrogen. Methane's molecule comprises of one carbon atom and 4 hydrogen atoms. When burned in the presence of oxygen the resulting composition is one molecule of CO2 and two molecules of H2O. When you compare it to things like gasoline having 7 carbon atoms and Diesel having 14, you can see how it is better for the environment.

Methane (or natural gas) is the lesser of all the evils IMO but hydrogen is the only one that burns and produces water and oxygen as the only by products.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I know... I personally produce about a ton of it each year! All I have to do is take a trip to TacoBell.
Once more If we use methane from sources like animal farts we are not unlocking ancient carbon. So it can be considered as clean as hydrogen!

Z1107

I saw a special on it on natgeo about clean fuel sources readily available that can be used in modern cars and methane was the easiest, cheapest, and cleanest that would only take 1 yr for the infrastructure to be set up and only $0.75 a gallon. And there are huge vast untapped pockets of methane barely underground.

Vermont

The issue lying with hydrogen is that pure H is only produced as a by product of the nuclear fission process. Other wise the only way to get pure H is by using elecrolysis which is super energy heavy and in the end you put put more energy seperating the hydrogen then you get from the finished product.

The same thing applies to E85. The production of E85 actually uses more energy in the process to produce then you get from the finished product.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The issue lying with hydrogen is that pure H is only produced as a by product of the nuclear fission process. Other wise the only way to get pure H is by using elecrolysis which is super energy heavy and in the end you put put more energy seperating the hydrogen then you get from the finished product.

The same thing applies to E85. The production of E85 actually uses more energy in the process to produce then you get from the finished product.

That's why I said when we can become efficient at making it. There is research being done and they are at the point now where they are breaking even. You can employ wind and solar energy and dedecate it for the sole purpose of generating hydrogen. At that point it really dosn't matter how much energy it takes to make it if the energy is mostly free.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

shawn

any white kids that wear they're hat backwards and just a tad to the side... with a flat brim..... or kids that wear sunglasses at night to look cool

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
People that drive an STi and try to get as much information as they can for free then tell me they can't afford a membership. :rofl:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
any white kids that wear they're hat backwards and just a tad to the side... with a flat brim..... or kids that wear sunglasses at night to look cool

And with the fucking sticker on it. Take that shit off.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Dammit! I missed a whole conversation about farting and cars? That's the sweet spot! :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
People next to me at red lights, that stare at me, and not at my car.

Also people who do not like it when I turn up my music. By no means do I blast my shit, but if you feel like you cannot handle yourself next to me, you should not be out in public. :tard:

:rofl: