YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRIND MY GEARS? Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Re: YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? Thread

That was out back, but he also messed up my front yard in a few big areas. While waiting for the paint to dry on my oil pan and header, I've been doing some lawn repair.

First, I raked the area thoroughly to remove dead grass, roots and weeds, and to abrase the soil to promote future seedling root growth.

Then, I spread a moderate amount of fertilizer coated grass seed.

Next, I poured a few bags of fresh top soil over the area and raked it into place.

Finally, I spread more seed over top of the soil and watered all the completely areas.

Lastly, I am going to pump that skunk full of lead, mulch him into lawn fertilizer and sprinkle him around the yard, as a warning to any other neighborhood creature that might cross me.

85bbd945b6389219fc5c435e76b5b18b.jpg

a2a91315311f4ee7b4d1537b730bb22f.jpg

10d42a77e5af90ff601105e40ef17341.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
While we are on the topic of pests...

I am about to off several neighborhood cats. They come over to our house and piss in the flower beds and make terrible noises at night from time to time. Look, I like cats. But if you are going to let yours be a "barn" cat and not worry about where it wanders off to, then it's going to get shot and tossed into your woods. My wife says I can't do that...we'll see...

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Damn dude, I'd be camping out to kill his ass too. Good luck!

Thanks! I used to have such a nice lawn. Hardly perfect, but a far cry from what you see now. Used to walk out back barefoot. Now I would be ashamed to have anyone come over and see it. There were so many moles this fall that I literally caught one with my bare hands. It's a disaster.

Little by little, I could bring it back to glory. But that's the problem...we want to sell the house and move THIS YEAR! :banghead:

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
While we are on the topic of pests...

I am about to off several neighborhood cats. They come over to our house and piss in the flower beds and make terrible noises at night from time to time. Look, I like cats. But if you are going to let yours be a "barn" cat and not worry about where it wanders off to, then it's going to get shot and tossed into your woods. My wife says I can't do that...we'll see...

Moth balls! Put them in the bushes and around the mulch in the flower beds. It works!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Thanks! I used to have such a nice lawn. Hardly perfect, but a far cry from what you see now. Used to walk out back barefoot. Now I would be ashamed to have anyone come over and see it. There were so many moles this fall that I literally caught one with my bare hands. It's a disaster.

Little by little, I could bring it back to glory. But that's the problem...we want to sell the house and move THIS YEAR! :banghead:

As painful as it to spend the money, I would consider one of the services like TruGreen. I saw their work first hand and it is pretty impressive. Several of our neighboors used them and their yards looked like the classic picture used for the suburban yard. They tried to get us but ours just wasn't bad enough for me to be willing to spend the money. We really considered it before moving, but I got it looking good enough that our real estate agent said it was good. She was right, we sold very quickly. Good luck bud!

Last edited by a moderator:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
As painful as it to spend the money, I would consider one of the services like TruGreen. I saw their work first hand and it is pretty impressive. Several of our neighboors used them and their yards looked like the classic picture used for the suburban yard. They tried to get us but ours just wasn't bad enough for me to be willing to spend the money. We really considered it before moving, but I got it looking good enough that our real estate agent said it was good. She was right, we sold very quickly. Good luck bud!

:tup: Once this seed starts to take, I'm probably going to hire a company like that. I'm not afraid of hard work, but I just don't have the time this year.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
:tup: Once this seed starts to take, I'm probably going to hire a company like that. I'm not afraid of hard work, but I just don't have the time this year.

I agree, I feel the same way about putting in the work...however, those companies use chemicals and techniques that the average Joe doesn't have access to. At least that has been my experience. Once you tally up all the bullshit you need to buy in terms of seed and fertilizer the difference in price doesn't feel that bad anymore. And I have no skin in the game here, never used a company, but I wouldn't hesitate to use TruGreen having seen their work.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
People who turn their windshield wipers on the max setting when a few droplets of rain have fallen.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Media driven hysteria and the dumb schmucks that will fight each other over the last bottle of hand sanitizer. If they go off the deep end, they better steer clear of my entire subdivision, if they know what's good for them. :rambo:

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Friggin' artillery pieces and towed, rifled-mortars. Why the hell aren't they more reasonably priced and in stock locally? Really grinds my gears...