STi Wing, Aftermarket Wing, or No Spoiler?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I've been wingless for years now and I can most definitely say that the car feels noticably different, especially at high speeds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Keep the wing, lol.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
My intuition (yes, fluid dynamics, but YEARS ago) is that the GR wing is more for show than go.

Lip spoilers help induce turbulence and lower drag (think dimples on a golf ball). The GR doesn't appear to have a lip.

Wings, use pressure differentials top/bottom to create downforce. The GR doesn't appear to allow any air underneath. So this isn't that.

As always, I could be wrong, but I just doubt it's anything more than stylish.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
I've considered removing my 05 sti wing but I've taken the car faster then I should have (younger stupid years) and you can tell it helps plant the rear end of the car making it feel more stable at high speeds. Even at 70 mph you can see tge wing flexing in the rear view mirror making me believe its actually helping out.

My wing will stay on even though I'd love to make tge car wingless and low pro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Preciecely why i put the perrin stabilizers in the wing. It flex's soo much at high speeds but now it doesnt move

And thats all i have to say about that...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Preciecely why i put the perrin stabilizers in the wing. It flex's soo much at high speeds but now it doesnt move

And thats all i have to say about that...
Ditto!

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!