New Fuel Injectors

Bang876

Just had a retun to 92 octane by Pacific Auto Import and here are some of their recommendation to my current build. With this set up I should be able to push to 23psi on pump gas safely.

Intake Manifold gasket-$20
Fuel Pressure Regulator-$80
Map Sensor and Adapter-$250
FIC 1100 Injectors-$495
FIC Fuel rails and fittings- $500
Grimmspeed BCS-$130

Opinion on labor cost
Labor:
Injector installed- $360
BCS Installed- $45
Map Sensor Installed-$250
Miscellaneous-$100
Tune- $200( reduced from $400)
About $2,400 for everything.

Bang876

My current injectors is not performing well with the 35R turbo, Perrin BCS is shitty, and my Map sensor is not installed in the ideal location, so by swapping out these parts I should be able to push the car a little more.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just had a retun to 92 octane by Pacific Auto Import and here are some of their recommendation to my current build. With this set up I should be able to push to 23psi on pump gas safely.

Intake Manifold gasket-$20
Fuel Pressure Regulator-$80
Map Sensor and Adapter-$250
FIC 1100 Injectors-$495
FIC Fuel rails and fittings- $500
Grimmspeed BCS-$130

Opinion on labor cost
Labor:
Injector installed- $360
BCS Installed- $45
Map Sensor Installed-$250
Miscellaneous-$100
Tune- $200( reduced from $400)

Why manifold gaskets? Unless there is a leak there should be no reason to replace the gaskets... Or are they talking about spacers?

ZachTTLM

Some of the prices look a little big high, I like the Injector Dynamic injectors over the FIC ones as well.

Evo_Fucking_STi

Why manifold gaskets? Unless there is a leak there should be no reason to replace the gaskets... Or are they talking about spacers?

The protocol for installing injectors and rails is to replace the lower manifold gaskets, which I am sure you know this. Not saying it has to be done but if I were working on a customers car I would suggest replacing them because once everything is back together and there is a leak the customer will be pissed because i have to tear the manifold off again to replace a 20 part i could have done when I was there 2hrs before.

I wouldn't agree with zach about pricing being high. I would say the prices are exactly where they should be for a shop to stay in business, and provide a customer with quality service.

The place where I work charges 115hr labor rate, IAG charges 120hr+, Innovative Charges 110, Pur Charges 125, Element Charges 110+. So all in all you are getting a pretty fair deal.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I dont know about labor, but at least one of those parts is a bit more expensive than I'd expect. For instance, the EBCS is $10 cheaper on the grimmspeed website, and almost $35 cheaper at one vendor i found online. Dunno about the other prices.

ZachTTLM

I dont know about labor, but at least one of those parts is a bit more expensive than I'd expect. For instance, the EBCS is $10 cheaper on the grimmspeed website, and almost $35 cheaper at one vendor i found online. Dunno about the other prices

This is basically what I was talking about. Not to mention the gaskets are a bit more expensive as well, not sure about the other items without fulling pricing everything out.

Evo_Fucking_STi

The difference would be a shop working on a car with parts in hand would charge more because they are available instantly. Ordering them online from a place that just distributes parts and never touches them has no overhead. When you have parts in stock and you are installing them you usually ask for more monies as you have overhead.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Some shops charge more than others for parts. Some charge more as a matter of convenience. Rarely is someone going to fickle over 10 bucks for something when you can get it right then and have it installed right then. Plus, you have to figure your not paying shipping on these parts so little higher price may be ok. Plus the vendor or shop you are dealing with may not have secured a very good pricing from the supplier. This can be due to a low volume purchasing. More buy usually equals lower pricing point.
Actually, you pay for everything in the price of goods and services. That 30 dollar part or 50 dollar rate pays for part of employee wages, insurance, building, advertising, utilities and so on and so forth.
The labor rates look to be about 90 an hour. This is what I would expect for most any shop. $50.00 to $120.00, average, an hour labor is what I have seen for a shop to charge.

This is my guess as to labor rates vs. about the time to install assuming 90 an hour.
"Labor:
Injector installed- $360 about 4 hours ( I assume the fuel rails and other fuel bits are lumped into this as you did not state a separate line)
BCS Installed- $45 about 30 min
Map Sensor Installed-$250 about 2.75 hours
Miscellaneous-$100 I guess they charge for unforeseen circumstances??
Tune- $200( reduced from $400) Reduced as an incentive and to compensate for maybe a bit higher prices on parts. This is supposed to make you feel
good and for you to want them to do the work. Labor rates can be more easily manipulated than parts as labor is
more easily manipulated than previously paid inventoried goods taking up shelf space and costing money to sit.

If the price of the parts bother you, try sourcing them on the net or from one of our vendors and then taking your parts to them for install. Make sure to ask them if they will still honor their labor rates and discounts if you do this. Also, make sure that they will still honor any kind of warranty if you were to source your own parts. You may be surprised that a lot of shops will deny any claim, regardless if workmanship or faulty part, when you bring your own stuff to them.
Every shop has their own formula as to why they price the way they do but from what I have seen above, I wouldn't balk to much, if at all.
However, these are just my educated guesses. In the end, if you like them, can sleep at night with what they told you, go for it.

Evo_Fucking_STi

I competely agree with the above line. Where I work and a few shops in my area, have strict policies that they won't install parts that were purchased elsewhere as there are way to many unknowns about the parts.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The protocol for installing injectors and rails is to replace the lower manifold gaskets, which I am sure you know this. Not saying it has to be done but if I were working on a customers car I would suggest replacing them because once everything is back together and there is a leak the customer will be pissed because i have to tear the manifold off again to replace a 20 part i could have done when I was there 2hrs before.

I wouldn't agree with zach about pricing being high. I would say the prices are exactly where they should be for a shop to stay in business, and provide a customer with quality service.

The place where I work charges 115hr labor rate, IAG charges 120hr+, Innovative Charges 110, Pur Charges 125, Element Charges 110+. So all in all you are getting a pretty fair deal.

Oh right... To remove the old fuel system... gotcha