Filters Raised - spam and language filters increased

jefferis

VP of I.G.O.T.A., LLC
Hi folks,
due to a spamming attack by another site, will be increasing our banned words filtering. That will force all users to keep their language clean and respectful.
We have raised our filters to over 500 words, That means some of you may be caught unintentionally in our net. Also, please post any words or abusive leet words (words that use misspellings, etc,) which slip through our filters here so we can add them.

Jefferis

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
iwsti

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You guys really want me to add them all?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
You guys really want me to add them all?

How about making the filter alter the word?

For example:

"IRS". Change the word to "income removal system" or something to that nature. Basically add a funny term in it's place.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Please bear with us as we are not here to censor you, but protect the community. Once everything is up and running correctly the blocks will be taken down for members.

I guess what I'm saying is what good are we if we aren't here because we got hacked.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I just took down the language block for members. All new members will have a 3 post minimum. If they choose to say any of are moderated words there post will have to be approved, or denied by admins, super mods, or mods.

This is the only site I will be taking the block down for our members. I don't like doing this, but the block has never been on from the start. Let's hope what we have in place works.

If this doesn't work to stop spammers I'll have to turn it back on.

Last edited: