Federal 595ss 225/45/17

I put on the Federal 595ss 225/45/17 on my vehicle back in the first part of May this year.

We had sold them to customers before where I work for 350Zs and got good feedback.
I needed new tires before inspection as the Goodyear Eagle GTs I had were getting thin. I didnt want to use those tires again I thought they were too noisy and didnt seem to last very long.

I was struggling to bring myself to spend $180-$200 plus a tire for Dunlops or Bridgestones, etc and putting it off and mulling it over. A fellow STi owner I know whose opnion I trust also ran these tires on his car and was on his second set and planned to get them again when he needed tires. I told him about my indecision on the high price name brands and he recommended these tires.

On his recommendation of them as an inexpensive (not cheap) alternative I decided to give them a shot
They retail for about $88-$90 each (got them through work for $68 each!) When I found out my price I figured "what the hell, if I dont like them or they do not last long I am not out a lot of $$ and can then get the high end name brands".

Specs are:
91V
UTQG: 240AA/A

They are quieter than the Goodyear Eagle GT's I had and handle great in the rain and on dry road.
I am Very pleased with all of that. I have had them on 5 months, almost 6 and tread wear still looks brand new

So far very very pleased.

I put on the Federal 595ss 225/45/17 on my vehicle back in the first part of May this year.
We had sold them to customers before where I work and got good feedback. I needed new tires befre insepction the Goodyears Eagle GTs I had were getting thin. I didnt want to use those tires again I thought they were too noisy and didnt seem to last very long.
I was struggling to bring myself to spend $180-$200 plus a tire for Dunlops or Bridgestones, etc and putting it off and mulling it over. A respected fellow STi owner I know also ran these tires on his car and was on his second set.
On his recommendation of them as an inexpensive alternative I decided to give it a shot.
They retail for about $88-$90 each (got them through work for $68 each!) When I found out my price i figured 'what the hell, if I dont like them or they do not last long I am not out a lot of $$ and can still get the high end name brands'.

Specs are:
91V UTQG: 240AA/A

They are quieter than the Goodyear Eagle GT's I had and handle great in the rain and on dry road. Very pleased with that. I have had them on 5 months, almost 6 and tread wear still looks brand new. So far very very pleased.

http://www.federaltire.com/en/products_detail.php?products_detail_sn=8

Last edited: