Do you own a 2008-2013 STi with the cronic 2800rpm stumble / hesitation issue?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
$230 For something that might not fix the problem anyway? There are so many things that cause the stumble and the least of them is the FPR IMO. :tup: The stumble can be solved in most cases with good and proper tuning. The other most prevalent problem is the fuel dampers. I usually delete them when I come across stumble issues. Personally I haven't come across any stumble issues that where FPR related thus far and it is not restricted to the GR. I have seen plenty of GDs with the same stumble.

I would use this but only as a last resort. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I was waiting for you to chime in. I'm glad you did. Thanks.

ZachTTLM

I was thinking the same thing about the throttle boxes but Fuji beat me too it..lol

Td_d

Commander In Chief
The mod suggested on that Romraider thread - i.e. the 1 foot fuel line - is mostly sorting the problem out from reports. You can also use a T stub of varying lengths to match the frequency of the wave - think water hammer in your home water pipes.

Last edited:

Bluedemon_II

By adding that 1 foot of line you are creating a damper area for the fuel system. Not the best fix but it should work. Its like the rally turbocharger pipes with the Air reservoir near the throttle. Fuji correct me if I'm not mistaken on this. To much purple haze to think straight...