GD Bianca ('06 STi), A New Start

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh dang that sucks. :(

My wife got back to El Paso on the 1st, for anyone who follows along, since she'd been in VA since May or June (I left in April), to see friends and spend time with her Mom. I got her to open the boxes for the taillights (came in the OEM packaging, mostly), the one that was opened for pictures was missing any protection beyond the box for the lens, so there is scuffs all along the "corner" of the lens, but no cracks. The micro scratching should buff-out though, and I sure as hell am not sending them back at this point.

Also had the wife open up a few of my other packages to confirm lack of damage from shipping, but only made it about a quarter way through the stack (6 or 7 packages) before the internet here got crappy again. Maybe I'll just ask her to lay out all the boxes and open the rest for me, and then take pics of the items. Or maybe not, as she is rather pissed about the mass of packages that were waiting in the house when she got back (~30 packages overall). I just know that I'm going to have plenty of car stuff to keep me busy for a good while this summer, it'll just suck working in my garage closed (no auto work in the garages by housing rules, I say **** that, I got a garage baby!). Maybe I can get my buddy to let me come over and work there since he has no such rules, or didn't when I left.

I just made a list of everything I purchased and was delivered while I've been gone, some to her parents place (5 or 6 packages) the rest were all to our house. By my count it is 35 packages, some of which are small things (like an '80's or '90's style Subaru badge, hollow between the stars, but same star layout as currently), little pamphlets of some vinyl for my tool box, couple are hoodies (another DirtyImpreza hoody and a ScoobiesForBoobies Hoody), and there are a few larger ones (struts, tail-lights, turbo heat shield), and 2 yet to be delivered. This is over a 9 month period, so it's not that ridiculous.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Omg 40 packages. I cant even imagine that many at once! :rofl:

It almost sounds that way, huh? Nope, it was over the last 7 or 8 months she was gone too (at her parents), so we were having friends gather our mail and the packages. I just made a list of everything I purchased and was delivered while I've been gone, some to her parents place (5 or 6 packages) the rest were all to our house. By my count it is 35 packages, some of which are small things (like an '80's or '90's style Subaru badge, hollow between the stars, but same star layout as currently), little pamphlets of some vinyl for my tool box, couple are hoodies (another DirtyImpreza hoody and a ScoobiesForBoobies Hoody), and there are a few larger ones (struts, tail-lights, turbo heat shield), and 2 yet to be delivered.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Even if its over time and small things, that grin on your face when you get home and see that many packages better be a huge one! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Youre gonna be one hell of a busy S.O.B. :lol:

It get's better, add some black TSS Fab trailing arm brackets to the list. Boom, more stuff to install. Still need Gorilla Off-road trailing arms, King springs, 5x114.3 rotors for 4/2 pots, 4/2 pot brake pads and brake lines then I will stop spending for a while. So, yeah, I am going to be one busy SOB.

Also, watched the 2015 STi unveiling. Unimpressed.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That last sentence is a lie!!! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
No, very much true. They streamed it live. Lasted about a half hour. Same engine, uglier exterior, prettier interior.

Oh you bastard you edited it and i didnt see!!! :rofl:

You said you werent gonna be spending money on mods for a long time. That is a lie! :lol:

Oh you bastard you edited it and i didnt see!!! :rofl:

You said you werent gonna be spending money on mods for a long time. That is a lie! :lol:
Lol, no, it's true after I get those other parts. I'm not even going to say how much I have spent already. Wife thinks ~$2k, lie detector says...... That's a big whopping lie!! Oh, and yeah, gotta watch for them ninja edits. I'm very sneaky.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah but thats a hell of a lot of goodies for the ride. Maybe just maybe itll satisfy your tastebuds for a few months! :lol:

It'll have to, since I'm staying away from any power mods past a stage 1 tune for now. Engine has 75k on it, so I'm going to have to save money for a new engine before I do anything serious on that side. I'll keep on removing things to chop some weight off, and suspension wise I'll be set for a while, other than getting the struts revalved a set at a time, the next logical thing would be tube subframe replacements, and those will be about ~$2500 + shipping for the rear subframe, front subframe/engine cradle and the T-bar that holds the front of the rear diff. After that I'd want to do a cage and cf roof. Oh, also would replace the front subframe/U bar.

So yeah, I'll have to be happy for right now, and take things slow. Maybe buy part of the subframe package this year (use the 15% off coupon I have).

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Man you have some serious plans after these miniscule mods! :tup:

If youre doing cf roof might as well get a cf driveshaft while youre at it! :lol:

$$$$$$

Man you have some serious plans after these miniscule mods! :tup:

If youre doing cf roof might as well get a cf driveshaft while youre at it! :lol:

$$$$$$
I knew I was forgetting something in the "expensive car parts I want" list. I'd probably get a CF driveshaft before I'd get the roof. Recall the weight savings were similar, but one actual helps the quickness of the car more. :tup: Thanks for the reminder!

To be fair though, most of that list is just dreaming. In reality, I'll probably seam weld the sub frames, and T-bar, and reinforce them, U-frame is going to get replaced, CF drive shaft is highly likely, CF roof, not so much (I don't think I could bring myself to spend ~$1k there and then cut a hole for a roof vent), and at least a partial cage will happen eventually, just may be a little while (read as years) till I get that far.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
CF roof will LOWER CG, CF DS will raise it.

(I like throwing fuel onto a fire :twisted:)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
CF roof will LOWER CG, CF DS will raise it.

(I like throwing fuel onto a fire :twisted:)
How much lighter is the CF roof compared to stock?

What's the weight difference in CF DS and stock? (If for some reason weight isn't the reason for altering the CG, then what is?)