GD Bianca ('06 STi), A New Start

Dont forget, theres a large piece of plastic/foam/metal in the bumper as a crash absorber. You'll almost certainly have to lose the crash beam if you want this to work.

It does look badass.
No worries, I have a possible workaround for that. It'll involve chopping out some of the top off each though (I'm working off of the pictures I'm able to find, though), so we'll see how my plan lasts against the enemy, AKA, reality.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome. Cant wait to see! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn quite a height difference

Grinder34

Track Monkey
with any sort of performance driving, you'll almost certainly want two sets of pads. Ideally, two sets of rotors, but thats too expensive for pretty much everyone. You'll just have to make sure you bed performance rotors before going to the track, or on the way there. I think some people use a high-grit sandpaper to LIGHTLY rub off old compound on rotors. Me, i just drive the grippy stuff on the way to the track. The braking sucks on the way there, but the grippy compound acts like sandpaper when cold (normal driving), and then the first couple of laps I'll make sure im out of everyone's way and do some hard braking then.

with any sort of performance driving, you'll almost certainly want two sets of pads. Ideally, two sets of rotors, but thats too expensive for pretty much everyone. You'll just have to make sure you bed performance rotors before going to the track, or on the way there. I think some people use a high-grit sandpaper to LIGHTLY rub off old compound on rotors. Me, i just drive the grippy stuff on the way to the track. The braking sucks on the way there, but the grippy compound acts like sandpaper when cold (normal driving), and then the first couple of laps I'll make sure im out of everyone's way and do some hard braking then.
I don't track, it's a dirty car, hence the smaller 4/2 pots.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
i got a tigwerks oil pickup, where do i see what other items he has (power steering fitting, etc..)

i got a tigwerks oil pickup, where do i see what other items he has (power steering fitting, etc..)
Google. Or, ask Kelly, since he's the one who deleted all his parts pics when he changed his page. And he never finished the shop page he was making.
Edit: Second link wouldn't be helpful, it's his old store-front, I guess, with all of one item; here's the "new" one he started: LINK. (It's all the way on the 4th page of results) Still, better luck hitting him up on booky-face, he's talking about quitting again.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome!!!! Cant wait to hear how the exhaust is coming about!

(How much did you pay for the diamond plated floor mats? I like them!)

Awesome!!!! Cant wait to hear how the exhaust is coming about!

(How much did you pay for the diamond plated floor mats? I like them!)
Oh, it'll still be a little while till progress starts, I likely won't be able to start anything too serious until mid-April when I'm on leave. Main reason for the sudden edit was I moved pictures around on photobucket (cleaning/organizing) so my build threads lost their pics. Now I have word files for each big post, as well as word and excel files of the mod list. Easy transfer over to all 6 or 7 build threads I update.

Floor mats were ~$160ish I believe, but that's for the full set with the cutouts, other options were available. Just look up diamond plate floor on eBay, seller's s/n was something like metalmangtech.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Cleaned up, per request. I can delete more posts if you'd like, just let me know. Your links to post numbers may be broken now, since i think post numbers will have changed!

So, I have arrived back home. Got back on Wednesday but due to restrictions imposed by command I was not allowed to drive my car for 48 hours; essentially equated to not driving until Saturday when I got my Texas Safety Inspection and made the car fully legal. Picked up the new license plates on Friday with the wife. I suppose we should start with promised pics of the old which will be put in the applicable posts (read through the second progress post to see them) and a promised pic of the pile of boxes:
13914373186_e4350bbf00.jpg

And now let the build commence. Started out slow with mods as I was just back (did these on Thursday and Friday while my wife was doing schoolwork); installed my JDM Hazard switch, the armrest extension and swapped out shift knobs for one that I won while I was away.
13937559203_7d0e323440.jpg

Swapped out my hood lift struts for the GrimmSpeed Hi-lift setup (very high, can barely reach the hood from the front) and swapped in the billet Aluminum oil cap.
13937959394_351f4151a7.jpg

13914361046_2df543062b.jpg

Installed the ‘04/05 taillights and my new license plates on Saturday and the repainted fender braces on Sunday:
13914370996_4411957c8e.jpg

13938584583_3d80d8428f.jpg

A comparison between stock and the Offensive Power fender braces:
13914396891_3a4b7fc437.jpg

And installed (passenger side was already finished, pictures sucked worse than this one):
13914394262_424efc8d80.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy crap!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!

That is an awesome assortment of boxes full of parts. You must have been one happy ass camper! :lol:

How do you like the igotasti shift knob and the armrest extension?!!!?

Holy crap!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!

That is an awesome assortment of boxes full of parts. You must have been one happy ass camper! :lol:

How do you like the igotasti shift knob and the armrest extension?!!!?
Yeah, it was a pretty good stack to see. I was pretty happy, but I'll be even happier when most of it is installed and not in that room, made a decent bit of a dent already, but I'm not relishing installing the oil pan and engine mounts, or that brake master cylinder brace either for that matter.

Knob feels pretty nice (and seems to be very good quality too!), maybe a little big for me (I've always ran smaller knobs, feels better to me), may have to ask JJ if he'd engrave my slightly smaller Killer B knob for me as it fits my hand a bit better.

Arm rest is great! I no longer have to slouch to get my elbow on the armrest, so my back is happier when I drive which makes me happier. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome! Definitely interested to see everything else put on! :bigtup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
That's one hell of a pile to come home to. The oil pan really shouldnt be that hard honestly: a few hours doing it your first time.

That fender brace is awesome. Makes me glad the 07 was upgraded from the factory...07 ftw!!! hah

ps, send me the igota knob, i'll put it to good use! :cheers:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
(Regarding the shift knob)

Hahaha get in line man!!! :lol:

That's one hell of a pile to come home to. The oil pan really shouldnt be that hard honestly: a few hours doing it your first time.
I've heard the exact opposite actually, one of my buddies here says that and engine mounts (both with engine in the car) are 2 of the things he will not assist anyone with again because it was such a PITA, maybe my mileage will vary on this though. :shrug:
That fender brace is awesome. Makes me glad the 07 was upgraded from the factory...07 ftw!!! hah
But is the '07 this upgraded?
ps, send me the igota knob, i'll put it to good use! :cheers:
(Regarding the shift knob)
Hahaha get in line man!!! :lol:
Lol, guys, the more I use it the more I like it. The finish on is what I think makes it that way (comparing to the similar sized knob I attempted to use before; it was a polished plastic knob), so I'm finding my self enjoying it more and more. Big ups to JJ on the knob.

(I feel so dirty talking about knobs and enjoying the larger knob, SMH).

:?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You should take some pictures of your large knob and share with us all!

:tard:
:rofl: