The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Fancy, indeed! We need to see more pictures of the interior and the yard! :tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
As I'm sure you can imagine, the house is anything but unpacked at this point. If you want interior pics, I'll have to post some of the original listing photos. Otherwise, it's gonna be a while until we have everything in it's place.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Just post pictures and satisfy our appetite! :lol: Show the driveway and the garage as well!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Mess gives it scale!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Any updates on the car or the house?! :banghead:

Also, check this picture I came across!

qBM11lL.jpg

Is that a suitable location to holster a firearm? Why or why not?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The house is in pretty good shape, although that is relative to others with children under 2. Like... "Why the @#$% am I cleaning up these blocks? When he wakes up from his nap in 2 hours, he's going to spread these plastic landmines across the entire living room floor anyways... :banghead: "

:lol: Such is life...

No new updates on the Batmobile. 39 days until my deer season opens. Also, small game and fall turkey is in right now. So IF I can get a free afternoon---which seems to be only once or twice a month :(---I'm headed out in the woods. Had a pretty good Saturday afternoon. Went way back in and confirmed some intel I had marked for investigation on some satellite maps. My hopes are high for this season...

On my way out of the woods, I ran into another hunter (who looked like Santa Claus) who told me there is a "monstrous 10 point" back in there. "Probably a 24" spread and north of 250 lbs."

:D

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Also, I am totally down with that pistol location. I have a set of magnets for just such a placement. But of course you have to exercise a lot of common sense. There are times that I have to go into a building where I can't legally carry my pistol and I leave it in a lockbox inside the car. If I got real comfortable doing that and installed the magnets, I might have to make myself a note to triple check where it is. Obviously you don't want to walk away for even a moment, with the gun visible from the outside. Such as in this location.

Then you should consider retention of the gun in whatever holstering method you are using. i.e. could it come loose and go flying in an accident or does it have a strap that secures it in place?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Over 2 months since you've updated?! :banghead:

What's happened to the Batmobile since? Any updates on the house?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Updates on the ride???
Updates on the house???

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Sadly, not really. Little by little I've been getting things done around the house. But the Batmobile has been on an extended back burner. My wife is pregnant again and for the last 8-10 weeks, she has been throwing up every hour. That leaves me to watch the kid most of the time and it really prevents you from getting any serious work done. Finally that is starting to subside, so maybe I can get back out in the garage and start working on the car again.

Part of the difficulty of getting restarted after moving, is getting the work space, all your tools, parts, etc. reorganized. I've had to build steel shelving in the garage just to put half of the stuff on. The car itself has 95% of all the parts still required for the build, shoved INSIDE it. It's so full, you couldn't sit in any of the seats. So I'll definitely make some progress on it this summer, but I haven't managed to restart yet. Maybe it'll be on the road this year. That would be best.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Sadly, not really. Little by little I've been getting things done around the house. But the Batmobile has been on an extended back burner. My wife is pregnant again and for the last 8-10 weeks, she has been throwing up every hour. That leaves me to watch the kid most of the time and it really prevents you from getting any serious work done. Finally that is starting to subside, so maybe I can get back out in the garage and start working on the car again.

Part of the difficulty of getting restarted after moving, is getting the work space, all your tools, parts, etc. reorganized. I've had to build steel shelving in the garage just to put half of the stuff on. The car itself has 95% of all the parts still required for the build, shoved INSIDE it. It's so full, you couldn't sit in any of the seats. So I'll definitely make some progress on it this summer, but I haven't managed to restart yet. Maybe it'll be on the road this year. That would be best.

I know that house feeling.

My wife and I have a stay-cation set up this spring, where even my mother-in-law is going to come help. For a few days during the week, so we have daycare, we're going to take vacation days and reorganize the garage, build some shelving between the exposed studs, reorganize the shed, do yard work, etc... It's going to be GLORIOUS because right now everything just rests where it first got unpacked, and doing anything sucks.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Oh! Another thing. I had to pick up a piece of kid's furniture at Ikea the other day and saw this in the parking lot. Of course, I left a forum referral card...

And yes, it is pulling a small trailer.

d2c29efddbbb44ae960f411614ff8357.jpg

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hey, @IGOTASTi ! If someone from Michigan, with a WRB (2004-2005) WRX joins the forum, let me know. I left a referral card on his car on Saturday. Hopefully he'll join us.