The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I am partial toward the wing myself. :D

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
The wing really does help. The rear end feels floaty at high speeds without it.
If I do keep the Limited lip spoiler on, then I need to re-do that wrap on the trunk. It is pretty haggard and is now so bad that water is getting in... :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We love the wing!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
We love the wing!

I just put the scoop back on the other day. I'm half tempted to get a little ricey. :lol: Reinstall the wing, add Perrin Wing Stiffies, add canards to the front bumper and eventually a rear underbody diffuser.

If I'm not really daily driving it anymore, why not?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
why are canards ricey? they serve a purpose. along with splitters about as much downforce for the front as you are going to get without putting a spoiler on the hood. ever seen that done? its hysterical!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
You know how people are...everyone has an opinion...especially the cops when I drive past with the wing installed. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Rice is good for you.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I had a doughnut munching pipsqueak on a power trip pull me over one time and tell me that I was stopped for my "large spoiler and loud exhaust". (Car was COMPLETELY stock at this point)

We had a really nice conversation about how he should fuck right off until he learns the laws and regulations he's supposedly upholding. You know, like not being stopped and fucked with, unless a crime or traffic offense was committed. By the end of our little talk, there were 4 police cruisers parked behind me. You would have thought I was a fugitive from justice.

Faggotry like that is what led me to remove the wing in the first place.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
God damm... My buddy was pulled over once for speeding and got a ticket... As he was pulling away the cop pulled him over again not 10seconds later for loud exhaust then left again and another 10seconds pulled over again for tinted windows.. 3 tickets same cop

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Assholes like that have no business carrying a badge.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
As I may have mentioned before, one day after I finally get the engine built (or drop in a built motor) and the tranny fixed, I want to get the dings taken out of the body and have it painted nicely.

Well now, I notice that a place that does wraps (they do a nice job too) is about 1 mile away from my house. I'm thinking about stopping there after work one day and seeing how much it would be. I'm thinking matte black. What do you think?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Carbon Fiber Wrap!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Black is boring in my opinion i like colors... Id love to make my car red.. Love the limited sti's in red

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Carbon Fiber Wrap!

That's a little too ricey for my taste.

Black is boring in my opinion i like colors... Id love to make my car red.. Love the limited sti's in red

Ehhh...Idk how I feel about red on an STi. I'm not completely opposed to red, but in my mind, certain colors are reserved for certain cars.
Ferrari's for example, red. '69 Mustang Fastback, Indian Fire Red and so forth...