The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
This is beautiful tho

af18d915bc4d7d79195b50077c3f237d.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Ehhh...it looks good, but not sure it's quite my taste. Plus, we all know that red is a cop magnet. :lol:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
true but worth it in my opinion. i think i like it more of the fact that you done see it everyday if at all. blue black and white STI's are everywhere!!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Some idiot in a Mazda tried to run right along side and prevent me from moving over...while I was in a lane that was soon ending.

I think it was a Mazda6, but it's hard to tell when he's eating your dust.

Last edited:
I've only ever been WOT in 5th at Redline on the track. Jesus, what is that, 120? 135?
Sounds about right. I remember taking mine out when I was in a foul mood (2 weeks of showing up at 0500 and never leaving before 2000 for stupid shit), went up to Mexico and went flat out. Decided to slow down when I noticed the speedo said ~145mph.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Sounds about right. I remember taking mine out when I was in a foul mood (2 weeks of showing up at 0500 and never leaving before 2000 for stupid shit), went up to Mexico and went flat out. Decided to slow down when I noticed the speedo said ~145mph.
Awesome! Isn't it glorious! I have to admit, periodically I haul ass on public roads (in Mexico). Provided that it's brief, roads are empty and conditions are safe.

Awesome! Isn't it glorious! I have to admit, periodically I haul ass on public roads (in Mexico). Provided that it's brief, roads are empty and conditions are safe.

It is, brother, it is indeed. This particular road in NMexico was vacant, about right for 930 at night. I felt so much better after though. Who says driving angry is a bad thing?! BS I say.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
So i was gone for a while, but catching up:

Skip the OEM wing and keep your eyes out for an aftermarket one (or even make your own!)

Don't do wings on the front:
501859d1294344132-most-effective-wing-chris-rado-front-wing-scion-tc.jpg

Wrap it in camo! Or anything else you can think of If the cost isn't crazy, you can try stuff and see how it suits you.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
:lol: [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION]. I wouldn't do a wing on the front. But canards, just maybe. I do like the factory wing, but I think for now I will keep the small STi Limited lip spoiler on. I do need to replace the wrap I have on the trunk lid though, water is getting in. :(

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I got a rough quote from a local company on wrapping the entire car. $3,000. That seems ridiculous to me. Anyone else?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Really? Forget that.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's just insane.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
:lol: @Grinder34. I wouldn't do a wing on the front. But canards, just maybe. I do like the factory wing, but I think for now I will keep the small STi Limited lip spoiler on. I do need to replace the wrap I have on the trunk lid though, water is getting in. :(

While canards are advantageous, they're nowhere near as good as a nice splitter. I forget, do you have one now?

Are you still the stock steel trunk?
Do what I did, and get a CF trunk! Once they're "abused" with clearcoat damage, the price becomes virtually free. Both times, I took it to a body shop, and had them paint it up for me. All the benefits of CF, without the look (I didnt want it anyways, i want stealth!). If you want to just vinyl wrap the trunk the price probably comes down even more, as the real $$ was for the painting and clearcoat.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
While canards are advantageous, they're nowhere near as good as a nice splitter. I forget, do you have one now?

Do what I did, and get a CF trunk! Once they're "abused" with clearcoat damage, the price becomes virtually free. Both times, I took it to a body shop, and had them paint it up for me. All the benefits of CF, without the look (I didnt want it anyways, i want stealth!). If you want to just vinyl wrap the trunk the price probably comes down even more, as the real $$ was for the painting and clearcoat.

Ive been considering a CF trunk on my car but ive seen pics where they dont line up with body lines properly. Bad brand or is that how it is? How do i avoid that or correct it? Sorry for the post hack but its a valid question

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

I have a huge ass APR Carbon Fiber & Fiberglass splitter on the front and I love it. I don't really want a CF trunk. I'm most likely going to buy some wrap and do it myself. I can handle the trunk lid, I'd only pay someone if I was going to wrap the entire car.

Speaking of CF trunks, I've seen quite a few that do not have a hole for the lock, so you can only open it from inside the car unless you cut a hole and swap over the lock from your factory trunk. Personally, I've pretty much had it with CF and I'm also trying to save money for a built motor and tranny work.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well I actually made money on my Sell OEM, buy CF deal, but that's not guaranteed.

CF doesn't [always] fit as well as stock, but you can get it pretty close. For the amount of weight savings, a slight misalignment is worth it to me. Both of my CF trunks took a bit of finagling to make them look their best, but in the end I was able to get both to acceptable fits. For one trunk I had to do a bit of filing on the trunk support beams (to allow the trunk to move backwards a bit), and shim the latch mechanism with some washers. The second trunk just required a few washers but nothing major.

The other option is an aluminum trunk. I think they're the spec-c trunks, but they're more rare and a bit more expensive than the CF. They're BARELY heavier and the fit is much better.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The Batmobile's living quarters have been getting a bit of a renovation lately.

Most recently, a paint-epoxy mix was applied to the concrete floor after countless hours of prep work. It looks great and should make future clean up much easier.

uploadfromtaptalk1435253716041.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1435253742313.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1435253760477.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What prep work you have to do?