The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Finally getting back on this today. I'll let you know what I figure out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I followed @Gregroot1985521 's instructions and replaced the top o-ring. I had to put a lot more fluid in the system also. I have a feeling the culprit is the the largest o-ring seal in the pump, which would require a full removal and rebuild. The thing is, I can't tell where exactly the leak is. The whole pump is just wet with fluid. I wiped it off as best I could and will keep an eye on it.

I'm going to start DDing the Batmobile again for a week or so. Can't let her sit for too long at one time without blowing all the dust off. For now power steering seems to be okay, even if it does leak a little bit, I'll just have to top it off periodically. Eventually I'll replace or rebuild the whole steering pump. Probably this winter.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Uggggh...f*** my life. I drove the Batmobile to work for the first time in a while. For the most part, everything was alright...until I put my foot down.

After about 3/4 throttle, decent load, starting to pull hard, there is a loss of power and a some significant shuddering that you can feel throughout the car.

My Cobb Accessport is broken and I still don't know if it is even fixable or not. Hopefully I can get Cobb to replace it for me on the cheap. Either way, I'm not throwing a check engine light or anything, but something is seriously not right. When I did a couple laps around the block on Sunday, it drove just fine even with the pedal down to the floor.

My plugs are very new, my MAF was cleaned just a month ago, methanol tank is full and the system appears to be working, gasoline in the tank is good, no CELs...I'm drawing a blank. I wish I could data log right now. :angry:
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION] [MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION]

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Geese that sucks. ?

Does it do it just under hard acceleration only?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So only in boost?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How old is your gas?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I filled the tank with 93 about a month ago and added some Stabil for good measure, since it is sitting a lot. It's still very full.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
It sounds like bad gas, but without logging there's no way to tell.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hmmm...even if it runs fine until mid-boost levels? I would think it would run rough as hell at any rpm/load level if the gas was bad?
Idk though, which I why I ask you guys this stuff.

Plus, it was okay on Sunday when I took it for a spin. I'm really starting to lose my patience with this car. Sure, I drive it hard from time to time, but I don't beat it up and after all, there's only 70k on it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How long was drive to work?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If you try to boost through all gears does it clean up at the end of the rpm or still crap out?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Lower gears I can boost a little bit longer than higher ones, but even then, it seems pretty much the same. Once I start hitting that point where I get all the shuddering (and I forgot to mention, a few backfires), I back off. I don't want to pop a ringland.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dang. Why can't you log again?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How did that happen?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
So I just went out for lunch with the guys from the office. The Batmobile ran better than it did this morning but something still isn't right. There wasn't much shuddering this time, but it seemed more like a general loss of power. Traffic was thick so I couldn't get into boost long enough to look at the boost gauge.