The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
How did that happen?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Idk. One day it just stopped working. Nothing happens when I plug it into the car or the computer.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you plug it into a laptop to see if it powers up?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well that sucks big balls.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Sooo...I think I had a couple of knocks today. :bang::bang: First time ever, that I know of.

It was the most retarded shit too, because I was pretty much babying it all day. When the knocks happened, (two in rapid succession) I was going up an on-ramp for I-275, but being that I was babying it, I was at mid to low load, maybe "0 psi" on the boost gauge. It didn't hesitate or shudder but it was clearly KNOCK KNOCK like someone hit the firewall with a hammer.

WTF man?! :oops:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Can the STABIL in my fuel be f***ing things up? [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I believe so but not so bad that you can hear knock. Usually when you actually hear the knock you will see knock correction as much as -11 or -12 degrees. But yes the stabil could contribute to it. Is this the first time you noticed the knock? Low/Mid load is not so alarming but hearing knock at any load is concerning.

Just out of curiosity, how come the stabil?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
My gf leased a Caddy and was going to sell her Focus. We decided to keep it and I'd DD it, allowing the Batmobile to morph into a garage queen/project car before too many miles accumulate. So it sits for a month or more at a time between drives. The last time was 2-2.5 months so I filled the tank with fresh 93 and the recommended amount of Stabil. With some ethanol in the fuel, I didn't want to have water vapor liquify in the tank.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much gas is in the tank now?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Get some fresh fuel. This sounds like bad fuel to us.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I'm gonna limp it around and idle it for a while to burn some off, then top off with fresh 93.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If you're in neutral and say push the rpms to say 5k what happens?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So underload only it breaks up?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yep. I can drive it just fine, if I keep it out of boost. Get in boost and loaded...there's problems.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Let's start with some fresh ⛽.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good deal.