The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Heuberger Subaru hooked it up. I've got a new lower transmission oil pan, the mounting bolts and drain plug on order. Should be here sometime next week. Right around $50 shipped! Great deal! Now I'll finally be able to put in the AndrewTech Transmission Cocktail (Motul Gear 300 + Redline Lightweight Shockproof) and see if that improves my terrible grinding issues.
Sweetness.

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

Grinder34

Track Monkey
well? this week is almost over! did it come in?

I'm sure AndrewTech did their research, but make sure the oil has the right modifiers. Some years have clutch-type and some have torsen-type, that need different things. Specifically, I know the clutch-type needs different friction modifiers. Dunno if using the clutch-type in the torsen-type would have any ill effects though.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
well? this week is almost over! did it come in?

I'm sure AndrewTech did their research, but make sure the oil has the right modifiers. Some years have clutch-type and some have torsen-type, that need different things. Specifically, I know the clutch-type needs different friction modifiers. Dunno if using the clutch-type in the torsen-type would have any ill effects though.

The package from Heuberger did come in. However, I'm not positive yet whether everything is correct. I've been elbows deep in other projects around the house, but I'll try to get to it this weekend. Heuberger said that the drain plug comes with the transmission oil pan. I received the 11 mounting bolts and the pan, but the plug that is in it doesn't really look like the intended plug and is nothing like the one I originally had (of course that is okay as long as it works).

It looks like one of those temporary plugs that manufactures install to protect the threads during shipping. Instead of it having a regular bolt head on it, it has a recessed hex/allen head. It looks kinda flimsy, so I guess I'll have to pull it out and inspect it. Later tonight if I can remember, I'll take a picture of it for you.

Look kind of like this...

hex-head-jpg.84034

Instead of this type...

PPE_Drain%20Plug_WEB.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I did think about that. Still not sure whether I trust them or not though. Have you used them before?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=5869]Geo[/MENTION] runs one. No issues so far, however, he has not been through a winter with it yet. We'll see how it looks next Spring after the Ohio shit storm winter rolls through. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, that's just one less thing I have to do this weekend, so maybe I can manage to get some other shit completed. This is the first free weekend I've had in over a month.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Some flamethrower action at 36 seconds. :subaru:

First actions she's seen in a few months. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I hope the car was warmed up!!! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Oh yeah, I just shut it off before I went inside to get my phone.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Just took it for a spin. Changing the fuel filter didn't fix the issue I was having, the hesitation at mid to upper rpms under high load that is...

FML

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Open source + data log = [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] happy! :lol:

You find a tactrix yet?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, I believe I have identified the problem. Insufficient methanol flow. Pump is suspect.

I am so lucky I haven't blown the engine up yet. Thankfully, I'm running a very conservative tune for this exact reason.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
If it was installed properly. It has been so many years, I can't remember the specifics.

Anyway, after further troubleshooting, the methanol system does seem to be operating properly. I'm wondering if my plug gaps haven't expanded and the methanol is helping the boost blow the spark out.

I should take them out and regap to something like 0.028.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Do you want me to lend you my tactrix... I would love to see a log.

Did you check for vacuum or boost leaks... Check your fuel pressure, clean the air filter, clean the MAF?

It could very well be the plugs. That is common. And yes .028 is the recommended gap. :tup: