The passenger gets shafted!!!

Horsepower (Net @ RPM): 259 @ 5300
Torque (Net @ RPM): 295 @ 3000-4000
Curb Weight: 3,702 lb

Damn!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Yes, heated seats and heated steering wheel too! I'm really enjoying the passive entry. I can have my keys in my pocket, and without hitting the unlock button on the FOB, I can open any door I touch. None of the other doors will open though, just the one I'm closest too. It's great to not have to dig my keys out every time I'm carrying a bunch of stuff. As it gets colder and colder, the remote start is going to be wonderful. I'm keeping my spare FOB upstairs so that just as I'm brushing my teeth and everything before I head out the door, I can start the car and get it all warmed up. It's going to be great to step into a warm car for once.

EDIT: Both front seats have power adjustments and heat. ^^^

But yeah, all these newer cars are heavy as ****. Thanks US Safety Regs! :roll:

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow, you're bathing in luxury!!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Some Cars.com writer says she finds the Regal's handling to be poor, which has been echoed by a couple other writers as well. Maybe they are relying on skid pad numbers or something, because I don't know what the hell they are talking about. It's a 4-door family sedan, not a Ferrari. That said, I haven't found any shortcomings with the handling. In fact, I think the chassis is rather stiff and the suspension does good job of keeping cornering attitude pretty neutral.

I suppose when they write these articles, they have to find something to bitch about. But for me, I find it more than capable (for what it is).

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I need to remove the intake silencer from the Buick. I really enjoy the car, but it needs more turbo noise! :fuji:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I need to remove the intake silencer from the Buick. I really enjoy the car, but it needs more turbo noise! :fuji:
Time to mod, lol.

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Time to mod, lol.

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*

Modding is the only thing on his resume!

:tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Forget what I said about the traction control on the Buick. If you need to get moving in a hurry, you better turn that shit off and roast the tires or it'll pull throttle. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Forget what I said about the traction control on the Buick. If you need to get moving in a hurry, you better turn that shit off and roast the tires or it'll pull throttle. :lol:

WHO DRIVES WITH TRACTION CONTROL ON?!?!?!

:banghead: :mad: :rambo:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
:lol: It's on by default every time you start the car. You have to manually disable it. I'm a pretty aggressive driver, but I do try to keep it reasonable for good gas mileage purposes.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
None of my cars have traction control. The driver is traction control!! :mad:

So, tell me. If you turn off the traction and floor it, are you spinning the front endlessly with that amount of torque?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
No, not spinning endlessly. But you can definitely roast the tires if you want to. I had to pull out into high speed traffic yesterday while making nearly a 90 degree turn to get in the correct lane. Turning put more weight on the driver's side tires, leaving the passenger side front tire with the least weight on it. That of course made it spin considerably and the traction control reduced throttle input until traction was regained. I should have turned off traction control and then stood on the gas. The passenger front would have spun like crazy, but I surely would have had a faster launch.

It's kind of a dangerous place to pull out into traffic, by virtue of the road design, the fact that people speed like crazy through there and the trees and bushes aren't trimmed which prevents you from being able to see traffic coming your way until you have already committed to the launch. So you kind of have to just inch out as far as you can, take a quick peek and put your right foot down hard. The road is also pretty beat up right there, so that also contributes to a bit of wheel hop which makes the whole situation worse.

I'm not really complaining though. I do really enjoy the car. Just not a fan of traction control that seems to be standard on most new vehicles these days.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's why 04 STi is the best! No traction control!!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You need a limited slip and a quick tune to enable traction control memory (or change the default to "off")

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Fuck yeah it is. Add top hats to that deal and that is exactly what I sold for $1,700. :tup:

Message him for $500 picked up! We can go on a little cruise!

-$600 absolute lowest. He just replied to my PM.