Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  607
Page 121 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1272

Thread: The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

1. Top Of Page | #1201

User Info Menu

Re: The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

I've heard only good things about tomei cams as well and would think they are one of the better street cams but they don't give you as much power compared to other cams. Tomei is most likely the cam I will go with way in the future lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #1202
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Been out of the loo, does Delta Cams do anything for your year?

I ran them in my EJ201, the 1500's for rally. Amazing stuff. More track and power? Run the 2000's

4. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #1203
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
    A nice shaved 2.5i NA manifold would go nice with those cams. I've actually been searching for a deal on a set of these cams as well for my build.
    What's the advantage of using a 2.5i NA manifold? Larger plenum? Better flow? What, if any, other modifications would be required to install this? Is it THAT MUCH better than the factory STi manifold?

Other than the possibility of adding 272 grind cams, I was hoping to swap everything from my current engine over to the new shortblock.

My oath of enlistment has no expiration date.

Member Journal:
    http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/show...Member-Journal

6. Top Of Page | #1204
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's not a direct fit, but does flow more. And the 2 piece flows a little more than the 1 piece version as well.

There is a bench flow test thread on Nasioc from like 2008

7. Top Of Page | #1205

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    Currently, the Batmobile has a 5-gallon methanol injection system installed. I think I'm going to remove that and just go with straight 93 octane to reduce the possibility of destroying the engine in the event of a methanol system failure. To make up for the lost power gains, I'm seriously considering 272 grind cams. Not only should that help support good top end power, but the exhaust note at idle is unbelievable. It sounds like a built V8 with a turbo.
    Why dont you do both?!

Seriously though, I thought I remembered reading a ton of threads about how safe meth is with proper fail safes. Is that not the case?

Check out my journal here!

8. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #1206
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Meth is soooo 2000's

Flex fuel is where it's at.

10. Top Of Page | #1207

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Why dont you do both?!

Seriously though, I thought I remembered reading a ton of threads about how safe meth is with proper fail safes. Is that not the case?
    With the proper fail safes and a properly operating system, methanol injection is very safe. My setup has fail safe options, but I'd need to buy a couple things to get that all installed. I've tried talking to AEM about it, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I've also been having some weird error codes flashing on the indicator lamp for my methanol system controller. The controller and lamp has a number of predetermined codes that can be looked up by simply counting the number of flashes in a cycle. Unfortunately, what my system is doing has no corresponding code in the manual. I've even taken videos of what it is doing and sent it to AEM. They just bounce me around to a half a dozen different people after keeping me on hold forrrrevvvver. None of these people can (or care to) help me.

I've run multiple tests on my system and it IS pumping methanol properly, despite the erroneous error flashing. Regardless, over time I've had a number of different hose fittings break causing a huge pool of methanol in the trunk or spraying around in the engine bay. I've been able to fix them without buying additional parts...for now. I tried to order a couple specific pieces from AEM and---you guessed it---they were unwilling to help me get the exact pieces I needed. They instead suggested that I buy a full parts/install kit, which I'm not @#$%ing doing.

So at this point, I'm just @#$%ing done with this crap. I'd hate to keep jerry-rigging it, have it eventually fail dramatically and grenade my brand new engine. So I'm probably going to part out the system and put it up for sale when the time comes for the build.

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 01-12-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Member Journal:

11. Top Of Page | #1208

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bue car View Post
    Meth is soooo 2000's

Flex fuel is where it's at.
    I am still seriously considering a Flex Fuel setup, though I think they are still pretty damn expensive. I think @WRB_STi might have the hookup on a reasonably priced system and I know he knows how to set it all up, since he was running E85 (with a Haltech flex fuel setup, I believe) on his monstrous EVO. I'll have to see what he has to say about it.

E85 is fairly common in my area, though I'm still a little paranoid. A couple years ago, the local tuner car Facebook pages around here were absolutely covered with horrific posts about severe engine damage due to poor quality E85. Eventually those posts turned into pictures of E85 that was pumped into a gas can and then poured into a mason jar. The fuel contained an enormous amount of water as well as dirt. Actual @#$%ing dirt...as if someone swept the garage floor and poured the dustpan into the jar with the fuel and water. A couple of the guys tried to get the gas stations to own up to it or pay for their repairs, and of course were not successful. One guy in particular, sued one of the stations in question and lost.

So while this is probably not still an issue, those events have scared me away from E85.

Member Journal:

12. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #1209

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong, I do want to make as much power as I can with this build. But I also want to do it without spending oodles of money. Most importantly, I want it to be as reliable as possible. One day, I hope to pass this car onto my son who is due in late May.

The more complicated I make the build, the less likely it'll survive for ~20 years until I can pass it on.

Hopefully I can reliably/safely put at least 450hp/tq to the wheels.

Member Journal:

14. Top Of Page | #1210
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I may go with Delicious Tuning's kit when I get to that point

15. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
Page 121 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast