2. Top Of Page | #1272
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2871001

Not sure which typo he made. 04 or 05?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

3. Top Of Page | #1273
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

So I have ~$6,000 saved up for the built engine and transmission work. This weekend, we had some heavy rain and started getting a soft spot in the ceiling. I crawled into the attic and couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from because it kind of seemed like it was coming from EVERYWHERE. Just got a quote from a roofer today. He says, damn near the entire roof is soft and spongy, which it is kind of was last time I was up there. Recommends a full roof replacement, or we'll have trouble selling the house in the future.

His replacement quote....$6,000.00

FML

So I think I'm going to take some time off of work if it indeed rains hard today, go crawl in our ridiculously cramped attic (seriously, ceiling to roof headspace is like 1-3 FEET at best) with a flashlight, a huge can of FlexSeal and my rapidly disappearing race car dreams and wait for the leaks.

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 5 Days Ago at 11:13 AM.
    My oath of enlistment has no expiration date.

Member Journal:
    http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/show...Member-Journal

4. Thanks IGOTASTi, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Alin liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #1274
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!! ALWAYSSSSSSSS!!!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

6. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #1275

User Info Menu

Yeah.... I would do FlexSeal before letting me car dreams fall short. I mean who needs a damn roof over their head anyway.

Have you considered doing it yourself? I mean how hard could it be after all.

My journal

Tuning & Service: Self Tuned
    Machining services: Bob @ Ace Crankshaft, Bayshore NY, Ralph @ Chudnow Manufacturing

8. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #1276

User Info Menu

I have a newborn coming in a week or so. The last thing I need is to be replacing my own roof, despite never doing roofing before in my life.

There's a chance I could fix a few spots, but we've had two roofers at the house already today and they both said it's soft and soggy all over and the last install was a soup sandwich.

If we patch it and then sell the house in a couple years, the new owners will want 5-10k taken off the price anyway. Shit idk man.

Member Journal:

10. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, HolyCrapItsFast liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #1277

User Info Menu

I have a newborn coming in a week or so. The last thing I need is to be replacing my own roof, despite never doing roofing before in my life.

There's a chance I could fix a few spots, but we've had two roofers at the house already today and they both said it's soft and soggy all over and the last install was a soup sandwich.

If we patch it and then sell the house in a couple years, the new owners will want 5-10k taken off the price anyway. Shit idk man.
    Patch now replace in a few years when you sell it, if you sell it. That way you can say brand new roof. Post a picture of the roof as well if you can. I just had to patch my cement tile roof a year or so ago and it was not hat bad to patch up. Just time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock on

12. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #1278

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Raven32 View Post
    Patch now replace in a few years when you sell it, if you sell it. That way you can say brand new roof. Post a picture of the roof as well if you can. I just had to patch my cement tile roof a year or so ago and it was not hat bad to patch up. Just time consuming.
    We (me and the roofer that came over later) ended up patching and sealing over a dozen suspect spots in the roof last night. He's going to get back to me on the replacement estimate, but thinks we probably fixed the problem and it shouldn't need replaced right away. He was really cool about it and wouldn't take any payment for the patch work, saying we should consider it a 'congratulatory new baby gift.'

So that was really great of him! Hopefully we'll be okay for a few months or maybe until next year. That would be preferable.

As it turns out, it's not that the roof is super old necessarily. It's that whoever did the last roofing job, didn't really know what they were doing and ended up doing dumb shit, like nailing down the tar paper in the middle of a trough, thus allowing water running down the trough to eventually leak through the nail hole. smh

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 5 Days Ago at 09:00 AM.

Member Journal:

14. Top Of Page | #1279

User Info Menu

Consider yourself lucky. We were told we would have 3-5 years before replacing our roof after we bought it this past December. Two months and $11,xxx later we had a new roof (it is a cape cod with a high pitch and dormers, thus the lovely price). Don't let that stuff go though, cheaper to replace it before it ruins stuff underneath. Good luck

15 GBP STi

15. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, IGOTASTi liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #1280
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

love life

Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128