Likes Likes:  985
Page 154 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1592

Thread: The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

1. Top Of Page | #1531
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Got a big order of random shit in with Oakos Automotive (here in SE Michigan). Valve buckets, turbo drain hose, up-pipe studs, 3-bolt gasket, donut midpipe gasket, etc.

Unfortunately, they say it won't arrive from a Subaru distributor until at least NEXT Thursday. F*** shipping, I'm driving out there to pick it all up in person. That's got me sweating a little bit because the closing date on the sale of our (current) house was the 22nd. My wife was able to get it pushed out to the 29th, but we'll see...

In other news, Keith at Pure Tuning (of Toledo, Ohio) got a hold of me and said my start up base map is ready. I just sent him the money via PayPal and should have the map soon. Sadly, the motherboard in my laptop shit the bed, so I need to find a friend that will help me download the map from my email to my Cobb AP V3.

Other than that, everything is going fairly well. Stay tuned for more progress pics over the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

2. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #1532

User Info Menu

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 07-13-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

4. Top Of Page | #1533

User Info Menu

I've got KSTech 19mm Phenolic Spacers on order to (hopefully) solve my clearance issue.

In the meantime, I got the new turbo all dressed and fitted.

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 07-15-2019 at 08:50 AM.

5. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #1534
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Fuck, dude. Brand new parts are such fucking eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

7. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #1535

User Info Menu

Too bad it doesn't stay looking like that forever. Mine should stay at least decent looking, considering it shouldn't see too much street use, especially not in bad weather.

9. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #1536

User Info Menu

That's the worst part of driving the car, getting everything dirty!

Too bad it doesn't stay looking like that forever. Mine should stay at least decent looking, considering it shouldn't see too much street use, especially not in bad weather.

No snow fun?!

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

11. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #1537

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    No snow fun?!
    Ummm....probably not. Or at least very, very, very rarely. I have always loved blasting down my neighborhood's unplowed streets while the rest of the county is shut down for a snow day. But in reality, the enjoyment is not worth the risks involved. Even the best driver can hit a curb in bad conditions and I've about had it with salt corrosion. Had I not done this build, I would maybe still drive it periodically in the winter. But now, my primary concern is longevity. I reeeeeally, want this car to be in good condition in 29 years when I turn it over to my son.

I might actually sell my Blizzaks and put some suuuuuper sticky summer tires on that extra set of wheels.

13. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #1538
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

I agree as far as no snow goes, unless you move the fuck away from the carcinogenic salt states. @Grinder34 must have forgotten living down in the beautiful state of Texas.

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

15. Top Of Page | #1539

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    I agree as far as no snow goes, unless you move the fuck away from the carcinogenic salt states. @Grinder34 must have forgotten living down in the beautiful state of Texas.
    You want a set of Blizzaks, @Alin? I'll make you a great deal if you come pick them up.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

16. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #1540

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    I missed snow so hard while i was there! I never (purposefully) drove like a maniac on snowy roads, but parking lots....lots of fun without paying for new tires!

But corrosion sucks, yes. Big time.

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

18. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, Alin liked this post
Page 154 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast