Likes Likes:  868
Page 144 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1499

Thread: The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

1. Top Of Page | #1431

User Info Menu

Re: The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    Hopefully this was the last big expense for the engine build, besides whatever the transmission work is going to cost.

I got a hold of Jordan yesterday and ordered the half moon seals, up-pipe-turbo and turbo-downpipe gaskets (Grimmspeed), like Raven suggested. Also got a turbo inlet coupler that will work with my new snail, 15 quarts of Motul Break-In 10W40 and an IAG Air/Oil Separator.

I've got an appointment with TRE in Kalamazoo for 4pm, this Friday. Let's hope there aren't any expensive surprises inside the transmission.
    Did you go with the street or competition series AOS? Why? And (you can pm me this answer) how much from Jordan? I already have him quoting like 10 things so I can save some time just asking you on this one.

15 GBP STi

2. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, Alin liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #1432
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Did you go with the street or competition series AOS? Why? And (you can pm me this answer) how much from Jordan? I already have him quoting like 10 things so I can save some time just asking you on this one.
    I'm kind of ashamed to say, I'm not sure. I'll get a hold of Jordan later and double check. He only carries two IAG AOS models. The competition series is $379 and the street is $399. I think we went with the competition.

I just looked at the two spec sheets and maybe I should be getting the Street instead, due to it being "ideal for E85 applications".

I'm planning to be set up to run E85, but will probaby run 93 octane most of the time. I wonder how much difference the AOS makes between 93 and E85...

My oath of enlistment has no expiration date.

Member Journal:
    https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/sho...Member-Journal

4. Thanks Eagleye, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #1433

User Info Menu

I'm kind of ashamed to say, I'm not sure. I'll get a hold of Jordan later and double check. He only carries two IAG AOS models. The competition series is $379 and the street is $399. I think we went with the competition.

I just looked at the two spec sheets and maybe I should be getting the Street instead, due to it being "ideal for E85 applications".

I'm planning to be set up to run E85, but will probaby run 93 octane most of the time. I wonder how much difference the AOS makes between 93 and E85...
    With the IAG models it shouldn't be a problem with e85 vs 93. Other models that do not keep the unit at the proper temperature run the risk of introducing condensation as the engine bay temps can affect the temp of the AOS vs the air and oil it is moving. I was just curious what you picked and why (and the price) as I might pick one up during my next spending spree.

15 GBP STi

6. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, Alin liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #1434

User Info Menu

Transmission, before and after trans mount removal.

Oh, another thing... @Grinder34, that discoloration appears to be some staining from transmission fluid or something else like that. Since it's the first time I've had the transmission out myself (it's been out a few times before, done by shops), I can't really tell you what happened.

Disclaimer: Be suuuuuper careful standing your trans like this. You must have a void for the input shaft to sit in. Plus, it could always fall over and crack open or crush your foot.

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 04-11-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Member Journal:

8. Thanks Eagleye, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye, Alin liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #1435
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Is the transmission heavy?

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

10. Top Of Page | #1436

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Is the transmission heavy?
    Ehh, ~180 lbs. I would imagine. My wife and I were able to load it into the trunk of her Equinox last night, so it can't be a whole lot more than that. A quick search turns up a few responses saying 192 lbs, but that seems to be a little bit to much. Maybe 192 with the mount/cradle attached.

I'm leaving work around 1:30 today and driving it to TRE in Kalamazoo.

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 04-12-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Member Journal:

11. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye, Alin liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #1437
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Sweet, can't wait for more updates!

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

13. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #1438

User Info Menu

This place is GREAT! They cracked it open on the bench for me while I was there. No gear damage, though the plastic pads on the shift forks are gone or nearly gone and many of the synchros are severely worn. Not bad enough to hurt anything, but bad enough that they don't work anymore.

They showed me how the whole trans operates, including how the DCCD works inside. And also went over the gear edge trimming, polishing, coating, shot peening, etc. that they do. I can hardly wait. This trans is going to be buttery smooth.

It's too hard to see the synchro wear in these pics, but look at the shift forks with the yellow pads. Then look at the shift forks in my trans. The yellow pads are either gone or nearly gone.

These guys are going to replace the plastic factory type fork pads with a bronze type material (I believe) that they make in house.

www.teamrip.com Kalamazoo, MI

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 04-15-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Member Journal:

15. Thanks Alin, Eagleye thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Eagleye liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #1439
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It is great that they took it apart while you were there and walked you through what they are planning to do. Great pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye, Alin, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #1440

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sliderbandit View Post
    It is great that they took it apart while you were there and walked you through what they are planning to do. Great pics.
    Absolutely! That was great! If you ever need any transmission work done, I'd highly recommend them. After all, you can't be THAT far from Kalamazoo. The drive would be totally worth it.

Member Journal:

19. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
Page 144 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast