Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Body Paint Job Prices

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

I still love that deep, endless black with a high gloss.
    Just like this...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    ...that thing gives me a halfy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by f350cummins View Post
    I like the rino liner idea! whats rust? whats dirt? whats a scratch?
    This is the path I'm planning on taking with mine, not Rhino-liner though, I want Line-x, it's even tougher.

3. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

What about Plastidip? I'm doing some tests right now with out of the can stuff right now. I have painted the front of my car to kinda resemble a EVO10 with the big black void, have blacked out the SUBARU on the back for ease of use test, and pained the license plate area. So far so good it has been though one hell of a winter and the pressure washer!!! still looking good. My plan is to paint my 04 with camo green plastidip but I have to debunk some of the stuff I have heard first.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I'm not really down with that, but I'd still be interested to hear how yours comes out if you do it.

I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Re: Full Body Paint Job Prices

Bumpity bump bump!

As I near the end of my build, I am beginning to reconsider a paint job. I don't plan on doing it this year, as I still have more than enough to accomplish. But I'd like to have a paint job done next spring, so the Batmobile will be in beautiful shape for summer driving.

Anyone have anything else to add about complete paint jobs and such?

Also, I have not decided on a specific paint, but I do believe I will stay with some sort of black, since I really don't want mismatching door sills and such.

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 07-18-2019 at 10:47 AM.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Just as a point of comparion for you, I've had 2x CF trunks and 1x CF wing painted in factory OBP by reputable shops. I think both trunks required some light repair. IIRC I paid ~350-400 for the most expensive paint job.

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

8. Thanks Batmobile_Engage thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Just as a point of comparion for you, I've had 2x CF trunks and 1x CF wing painted in factory OBP by reputable shops. I think both trunks required some light repair. IIRC I paid ~350-400 for the most expensive paint job.
    Oh wow. That's not bad at all. I have a number of dings, dents, scrapes and scratches than need repaired first, before the full paint job. I was hoping to keep the entire endeavor under $2,000 or so. Looks like I might be okay on that.

10. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. IMO the pricing structure breaks down like this:
    Basic Prep & good materials - $2,000-$3,000
    Detailed Prep w/ good repairs & good materials - $4k and up

I would not personally do anything below $2k unless you are assisting in the prep and therefore reducing the labor costs. Good prep and paint materials are going to run around $1,000 for an entire car. My uncle who owns 3 subies just repainted his 944 Turbo with his dad's help (his dad has a body shop) so only paying for the supplies had between $1-1.5k in it. Turned out great though. Given that, I always cringe when someone talks about getting a sub $1.5k paint job.

15 GBP STi

12. Thanks Batmobile_Engage, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, Alin liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12