Help ?

35r

Alright.. i wasn't sure where to post this, i can move it somewhere else if i need to, but does anyone know a shop in the Butler/Kittanning/Indiana/Blairsville (PA) area that will Inspect me and do my Emissions ? no one will pass me around here due to my catless setup. i dont mind paying "extra" if i need to.... i just need stickers. the car isnt unsafe or anything, and it should pass emissions w/o the stupid cat.... just no one will do it on the count of its illegal...

finallymysti

I don't know of any specific spots, but I would suggest driving to a couple of the ntb or firestone tire places and seeing what kind of cars the techs drive. if they drive good cars go in and ask to talk to one of the techs. explain how you have an sti with exhaust and need them to pass you. tell him you'll take care of him if he does. problem solved. if you were in my neck of the woods I would know exactly where to send you.

35r

yeah, i went to a few places and asked... they all said " if you had a banged out cat i would pass you, but i cant pass without one " ... which is bullshit. if they know it does not work and they pass it just because its physically there, whats the frigging difference long as my ECU is in ready status and will pass the test ?!

Just an idea I used with my Mustang. I got some large cats for cheap cut and chopped and welded the cat bodies straight to the pipe to make it look like cats. Only downside is you need to weld really good to pull it off. Try to find a pulled catted down pipe you can borrow just to get it inspected. I wish I was there to help I hate failing the visual inspection but its so fun pulling the wool over the inspectors eyes

35r

We took mine off for clearance issues. It was smashing my wastegate. I just need the friggin stickers !!! Idc if i have to give someone $100 and put them on myself, i just want the damn stickers !

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Septic has a good idea. Just sleeve it over your pipe, anywhere on the pipe. The point is to have the visual magic show.
Or find a shop that appreciates dead presidents

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
This is how I've convinced someone to pass me without a cat.

Me: What would it take for it to pass inspection? Don't worry, I'll take care of you.
Him: I can't do it unless there's a cat installed.
Me: Listen dude, first I'm going to home and swap out the downpipe for one with a cat installed, then come back here and get it inspected.
After which, I'll go home and switch it out again and you get paid X-amount. OR......you can pass me without it, saving me time and putting
an extra $x-amount of money in your pocket. One way or another, I'm going to get it inspected and be rolling around without a cat. It's cool
though, I'll go somewhere else if it's not worth it to you...

See what he says then....lol ;-)

35r

found a place. appointment monday at 8am after i get out of work. Inspection/emissions/Tire install/Oil change (might as well let them do it while the car is in the air). im bringing my own tires, oil and filter. he said he dosent care about the catless setup, as long as i dont have any lights on the dash he'll pass me. its gonna cost me $110, im happy about it.

35r

Update: if anyone in the Pittsburgh area needs a lickNstick.... Let me know. I have a guy that will hook you up. He told me that if i knew anyone else that needed "help" to send then to him.