Get your Amsoil @ Dealer Cost!! *Platinum Members*

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Well, now that I'm going fully built, it's time to step up my oil game! (Soon as the damned turbo comes in.. rofl) :p Amsoil 5w40 Euro blend for me, please!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well, now that I'm going fully built, it's time to step up my oil game! (Soon as the damned turbo comes in.. rofl) :p Amsoil 5w40 Euro blend for me, please!

When you're ready let us know. ;)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
what is the benefit to using amsoil over other brands?

We've used Amsoil for years in all our cars. Never burn oil and seem to run better constantly.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
My tuner said he would personally beat my ass if I ran anything in it besides Amsoil 5w40 Euro blend after all the work being done to it. lol. Not entirely sure what the difference is between that and the Dominator, but he's tuned enough high performance cars, up to and including lambos that I'll take his word for it. lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Euro is thicker than Dominator.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Euro is thicker than Dominator.

Not really that it is thicker, but more that it is spec'd for higher temperatures, prolonged high speed driving and long change intervals. It carries the ACEA standard which is derived from OEM input versus API standard which is dictated too the OEM because the government has to stick it's big fat bloated tree hugger nose in everything.

It is just better over all IMO. I started using Euro spec oil last year. However, if you are using any non API spec'd oil from AMSoil, you are well above any standard oil be it API or ACEA anyway, so it wouldn't make much of a difference unless your change intervals are like 7,000 miles or more.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Not really that it is thicker, but more that it is spec'd for higher temperatures, prolonged high speed driving and long change intervals. It carries the ACEA standard which is derived from OEM input versus API standard which is dictated too the OEM because the government has to stick it's big fat bloated tree hugger nose in everything.

It is just better over all IMO. I started using Euro spec oil last year. However, if you are using any non API spec'd oil from AMSoil, you are well above any standard oil be it API or ACEA anyway, so it wouldn't make much of a difference unless your change intervals are like 7,000 miles or more.

Thanks for the sum up! ;)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You can but you have to use a high quality oil filter also. OEM, Beck Arnely, Purolator and I think AMSoil make an oil filter also. Just stay far away from Fram.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
With a good filter I would go as far as 7000 miles but I am constantly checking my oil regardless. I am a big fan of both the OEM filter and Beck Arnely. Their filters are made like brick shit houses and the gasket is a formed o-ring that locks into a channel. The inside construction is all metal and the filter material seems good.