Link to journal

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I think it would be nice to have a way to more easily link to a journal. Perhaps where your car is listed to the left, if you clicked it, it would take you to a member's journal and/or garage.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Grinder you do realize when you click garage over on your profile to the left your car shows up and takes you to your garage right?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yeah but a lot of non-paying members (or even spamby!) dont have that. So maybe if you click the car info (eg for me it's "2007 OBP STI") it takes you to the journal and you also have the garage link.

When non-paying and/or non-garage-owning members post a question, i usually want to know more about their car and go to the journal. I have to click their name, threads started, sort through to find a journal, etc... I think this would be useful.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
IWSTI has this feature and it's extremely convenient for everyone on that site. Any new member that joins up on the site can click on the link underneath your username and check out your journal. Think about when someone new joins up on the forum, they're going to be a little slow at first getting used to it. Most forums are relatively the same, but some have neat and clever feature that others don't. JJ said he likes to keep things simple and this would be one hell of a simple feature! :tup: