Decided to switch to e85

yamahaSHO

Overkill? I wouldn't really say that. My car, with E85 and a 20G turbo, nearly maxed out 1000cc injectors at base pressure and sea level. If you are going for a larger turbo in the near future I would even go so far as to recommend a larger fuel pump also. The Aeromotive 340 is a good pump that won't break the bank. There are others, like Deatschwerks 300 ect...

Which pump were you using? On my 20G, ID1000's, and a Deatschwerks 320 lph pump, I was starting to hit 100% around 20 PSI. I swapped in a Walbro 400, and my IDC's went down to the 80's while increasing boost to 23+.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Which pump were you using? On my 20G, ID1000's, and a Deatschwerks 320 lph pump, I was starting to hit 100% around 20 PSI. I swapped in a Walbro 400, and my IDC's went down to the 80's while increasing boost to 23+.

Walbro 255 :lol:. I was around 18 psi. To compensate I boosted base fuel pressure to 55 psi and that seemed to work. Once I went to the Aeromotive 340, I was able to go back down to base pressure still on 18psi boost. When I went to 23 psi, my IDC's were approaching max again but never really went over 95%.

Yeah I recommend much larger pumps now when I spec a build for e85 using turbos larger than stock. :tup:

Last edited:

Bang876

I went with a Walbro 460 instead of the 250 and yeah big difference. Im hardly straining it with my stock turbo lol