Subaru specific engine tuning Technics and tactics.

Bluedemon_II

After a brief talk with mah president and it is clear that this can be a grate thread for future resource for all.

This will be a thread that will be specified in tuning for the EJ25 engine. No mater how simple or complex the setup is, the information will be accepted with open arms. We want to create a tuning database that everyone with the knowledge and experience may contribute.

Please keep it as civil as possible. This is not a test to see ho knows more.

Will contribute my first grain after my engine dynamics final tomorrow...

Rules:
-Absolutely no post whoring allowed!
-No bashing tolerated. No matter how stupid an idea may sound initially, explore it's implications and merit.
-Constructive criticism is acceptable.
-Keep condescending remarks to your self.

Table of Contents:
1.) Utilize unused ECU inputs for logging

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Random Thought

I got to thinking, when I replace my wideband gauge, I would like to seamlessly integrate it with logging by utilizing one of the unused inputs on the ECU to pick up the 0-5v signal coming from the wideband.

This way I don't have to worry about adapter cables, or software configuration and any other latency process that might need to be employed when logging two separate sources. All I would have to do is add the utilized monitor to the logged parameters and I'm done.

Here's what I was thinking...

I no longer use my TGV's and those signals are no longer considered useful and serve no purpose. The ECU pinout shows these inputs to be a 0-5v signal. So I can repurpose these inputs and connect the 0-5v output of the wideband to this input. I should then be able to log TGV Position and then translate that to AFR within MS Excel later on.

Tell me your thoughts!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
:D

I'm thinking this would be good for people that have wideband gauges that only offer 0-5v for logging instead of serial data

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm gona try it soon. I'm ordering an AEM soon and I would rather record readings using this method. It seems feasible to me as long as the ECU input is actually infinitely variable from 0-5v

Since there are two inputs not being use (left and right banks) you could use one for AFR and one for EGT. To bad there are not four inputs available, then we would be able to log EGT's on all four cylinders.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hmmm. I'll have to look into that. I know I would be SOL there because mine's an 06 but for the 07 and up that should be true. I have the diagrams for the 07 and 08 and I can look at those inputs to see what they are voltage wise.