Graveyard motorsports nightmare.

STI 2NR

So early in June of this year my head bolts started stretching and I wanted an instant solution. I came across graveyard motorsports on ebay offering built shortblocks for a reasonable price so I emailed them asking a few details about the block and this is the response I got.

Dear sti2nr2012,

Hey how are you, everything will transfer for you with no problem. I have these ready to go and can have it to you in about a week. On all of our engines we offer a 3-month warranty and we are very flexible and do everything possible to take care of our customers. Let me know if there is anything else i can help you out with.

Thanks, Ryan
Graveyard Motorsports Inc.
(269) 343-RACE (7223) Ext. 1

- graveyardmotorsports

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300787568146?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You can see the listing there.

I was told they were in stock and ready to ship as you can see from the email above. I used buy it now. I gave them a couple of days to respond and nothing. No tracking number, no thank you email, nothing, so I called. I talked to Ryan on the phone and he explained how they were waiting on parts to finish the block. I said " you are kidding right??, the ad says in stock and ready to ship??". He made up this "used car salesman like" excuse "Well it was a built motor but I realized the pistons were stock so I have to change those out". At this point I give him the benefit of the doubt and make him agree to ship the motor out no later than Friday or a refund be issued no later than Friday night at midnight or I would have no choice but to leave him negative feedback.

Well guess what happened?? No phone call, no tracking number, no refund. I go ahead and hold up my end of the deal by leaving him appropriate feedback as you can see on his ebay profile. This is the email I get later in the following week on June 28th.

Dear sti2nr2012,

Hey how are you, We had agreed that if i could not ship the engine you wanted out, and refund you your money, that you would still leave positive feedback. I do have these engines in stock and can ship them today. In fact I now have a 2.0l, 2.2l, and a 2.5l. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet your demand this time and i ask that you change the feedback as i feel i fulfilled my end of the bargain. If you need one of these i will ship it out today and give you free shipping. Let me know any way we can fix this please.

Thanks, Ryan
(269)343-RACE (7223) Ext. 1

- graveyardmotorsports

I reply with this:

Sent Date: Jun-28-13 10:07:03 PDT

Dear graveyardmotorsports,

We agreed that I would have a refund or tracking info as of last Friday. Neither occurred. That feedback is staying along with the experience I had with you in the subaru community message boards including iwsti, igotasti, and nasioc.

Regards,

Sean Fillner

- sti2nr2012

He responded with this:

Dear sti2nr2012,

Wow, that it totally unfair and i feel like you were the one who never even gave us a chance. I know i have these engines, i know i did everything in my power to meet your expectations. My accountant issued that refund Friday at 5:00pm just like we agreed. All i know is that this is unfair and you never gave us a chance. I told you it would be a week and then you wanted it within 2 days, the next day after you had ordered. I'm sorry it did not ship Friday but it could have gone Monday morning and you would of had it by Wednesday. I guess i had done everything I can and I am going to ask you to change your feedback. Otherwise i will have to dispute this through eBay to get that fixed because i can not have that type of feedback. You were told it would ship within a week not 2 days. Please fix this so i don't have to contact eBay to get it fixed. If you need anything i would be happy to help you out so we can get this taken care of. Im going to go out of my way to fix this and even give you freebies. Please help me take care of this and i will get something on its way to you. I feel like i have gone above and beyond to try and make this right. Please get back with me and let me know what we can do.

Thanks, Ryan

- graveyardmotorsports

Just wanted to share this with the community. They are crooks.

STI 2NR

BTW I did not receive the refund until Tuesday. They like to lie and promise things over the phone. I assume they are wiating for the 10 day paypal hold to be lifted so they can run with the money. Luckily I got mine back in time.

For the price I would have gave them a little more time than the two days. yes they fucked up but it did seem like they made a decent effort to try and cater to the customer. A lot of great brands have started on ebay and graveyard is probably a startup company that is just trying to get ahead in this world. take in account ssautochrome who then became turboxs, Meagan, obx, and a few others I cant think of right now. believe it or not they made their start on ebay and now people are buying all their shit up. even if you had a bad experience you can still leave neutral feedback that would look as bad as negative feedback especially to other consumers who don't research. if it was that bad just take your money and move out. you can always open a case in ebay which levels the playing field out by giving you the guarantee as a buyer and giving the seller a chance to fix their mistake....that is my advice. if you want a bargain, especially on ebay you have to be a little flexible. if not then prepare to pay for some possibly a little better or the same end product...good luck to you...

STI 2NR

For the price I would have gave them a little more time than the two days. yes they fucked up but it did seem like they made a decent effort to try and cater to the customer. A lot of great brands have started on ebay and graveyard is probably a startup company that is just trying to get ahead in this world. take in account ssautochrome who then became turboxs, Meagan, obx, and a few others I cant think of right now. believe it or not they made their start on ebay and now people are buying all their shit up. even if you had a bad experience you can still leave neutral feedback that would look as bad as negative feedback especially to other consumers who don't research. if it was that bad just take your money and move out. you can always open a case in ebay which levels the playing field out by giving you the guarantee as a buyer and giving the seller a chance to fix their mistake....that is my advice. if you want a bargain, especially on ebay you have to be a little flexible. if not then prepare to pay for some possibly a little better or the same end product...good luck to you...

Graveyard is the same as dsm graveyard. Been around awhile. Research the reviews and you will see many like this.

Here in Mi we politely refer to it as the "Zoo". What normally is kept in a zoo? (Be there joke if you've ever visited the place)

Last edited: