OEM sub

Kesic

Come spring time i plan on having my sound system set up. ive been looking at the oem subs and i have a question about the wiring harness's matching up with different years.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=Subaru+OEM+Subwoofer

these are the ones ive been looking at

i havent been able to find one specifically labeled for the 04 sti and was wondering if i would have a problem matching up different years.

TLDR: will another year sub box match up with my 04?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nope that idea is set in stone and will go into motion in the next couple of months. :D

I'm sure I will be getting that bill, lol. :)

SirMyztiq

Awesome. I recently purchased a Kenwood 6160 unit and some Pioneer speakers for both the front and rear doors. I wanted to get the sub going without having a huge bulgy box in the back and this looks perfect! They have it at Best Buy so I'm going to go check it out. Where did you guys stick it at?

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Like this? This is mine. I love it.

attachment.php

SirMyztiq

Like this? This is mine. I love it.

attachment.php

I see. I haven't looked at how much space I have under the seat. Or do you just sit that on the floor behind the seat? LOL

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
It goes under the seat perfectly. About 1 inch left under it. Go to my garage and look at my build.

SirMyztiq

Awesome! So you went the true component way or just 2-ways for the doors. I ordered some Pioneers and Crutchfield told me it fit...but then I read that I might NEED some brackets b/c of weird hole pattern by Subaru on the speakers. But, that was an old comment in the review for the speakers so hopefully they send me the right mounts. And the headunit I actually got it for about 500 bucks. I don't know why it shows to be almost 900 bucks on that link but I guess I caught a break somewhere. Is that a sub that comes with a box or did you build the box separately? 12-inch?

I got these babies coming in:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSA1374/Pioneer-TS-A1374R.html?tp=97#Tab

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSD1002/Pioneer-TS-D1002R.html?tp=102#Tab

http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_613DNX6160/Kenwood-DNX6160.html?tp=20212#Tab

SirMyztiq

AWESOME!

shawn

the first system i ever put in any car i owned was in my 89 buick reatta, i had a Kove armageddon 2400 watt amp, 2 sony xplode 12's and a orin 15' ... hahaha

Hk702

I need help with mine and opinion on what to do , i had a 2013 wrx with out nav. and had dealer install kicker sub (trunk sub) OEM. I sold my wrx and now have a 2011 sti limited with NAV and want to use the kicker sub i pulled from wrx when i sold it ? my question is, can i get wire harness to make work with nav or sell it and just buy new one for sti or just have 2 JL audios installed like i do with all cars lol (but im broke).. thanx for help and didn't know if i should start new thread ...i am a noob :) thanx for your help...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
2 year old thread! Im sure someoen can still help though!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I need help with mine and opinion on what to do , i had a 2013 wrx with out nav. and had dealer install kicker sub (trunk sub) OEM. I sold my wrx and now have a 2011 sti limited with NAV and want to use the kicker sub i pulled from wrx when i sold it ? my question is, can i get wire harness to make work with nav or sell it and just buy new one for sti or just have 2 JL audios installed like i do with all cars lol (but im broke).. thanx for help and didn't know if i should start new thread ...i am a noob :) thanx for your help...

Good question, but we don't know the answer for this.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Should work.
I dunno if the nav has RCA outs but if it doesn't (I suspect not) you can get a line out to RCA converter and use that to hook the sub up.
I assume the powered sub as RCA inputs?