crawford?

droopys

Has anybody done tuning with crawford performance? I'm hoping to have them tune my car when the time comes.
I'm in san diego california they are very close there are others but it seems logical to go a name tuner...

Grinder34

Track Monkey
i havent dealt with crawford's tuning, but they're definitely a "name brand" in the Subaru community.

If they're close, it seems like a good option. Make sure you talk with them about your needs/desires and I'm sure you'll end up with a good tune.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I tried to get an appointment at Crawford when I lived in San Diego. Honestly, I'm not
sure what their deal was, but it seemed like they didn't care to spend the time on a car
unless the owner was getting some serious work done. Given, this was 2009-2010, so
a lot can change over the years. It felt like they blew me off repeatedly because I wasn't
looking to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars.
I hope you have some better luck.

I did have a protune done in Santee, though. James Reese at Reese Tuning....it was okay...
...just okay. The guy was reasonable, but is more of an EVO guy. I just looked up his webpage
to list the link here and I see a bunch of really terrible stuff. Apparently, lots of people want his
head on a pike. Some crazy b.s., stolen parts, and so forth.

Be careful in the San Diego area, there are a couple other tuners that I can't recall names of right
now, that have blown up a number of cars on the dyno, stolen parts from customers and burned
people's clutches.

Last edited:

droopys

Thanks for the heads up I've been on the phone with them and I agree with that. And yes there are a lot of shady people in sd wich sucks and is why I've beenwanting to do work with crawford. I've read on that reese guy doesn't sound to apealing haha... thanks for your input :tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Cobb Tuning SoCal. About an 1-1/2 hours north of SD. My tune is done by Cobb- Plano and they were great. I would assume that their reputation is consistent at all of their shops.
Over the years, on the boards, I have heard good mention of Yimi Sport. It looks as if they may be a bit further, like north of LA.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
You'll have to look this up, but what about Harman Motive? They used to have a shop south of LA in Long Beach I think. I wonder if they are still around.