Clutch Replacement Cost

subisam

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you have had your clutch replaced by a shop. Do you remember how much it cost? I know that the cost will be more than if i was doing it my self. My mechanical aptitude level is only about a 7-8 out of 10. Please let me know. Thanks!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
A friend of mine was quoted around 700 for his WRX, labor only.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I haven't done one in a subaru yet, but it does seem more labor intensive compared to cars I have done.
Given the rate, I would assume the shop is around 100 dollars an hour.
I say labor only but there might be some incidentals like fluids, etc. I do know that it didn't included the clutch kit itself.
If you say your skills are a 7-8 out if 10, why not try it yourself? It may take awhile but it would be great learning experience. If you have the means to do so ?

subisam

Thanks guys. I think I might be able to do it. I have read that you should set aside a weekend to do the work. I think ill give it a try. Thanks again!

$700 is steeeeep lol, I dont even think I paid anywhere near that for my Eclipse.
I took a shop quote and Mitsubishi dealer matched the cost to install my stage 2 cluchmasters and flywheel. They warrantied the work, just not the parts.
It was hard enough just to find a place that would install custom parts.

around where i live the dealer quoted me around 1800 and other shops were asking anywhere from 1500 to 2000 for an oem clutch... ended up doing it myself :tup: