2012 WRX Head Unit Swap??

5280wrx

I've been thinking of swapping my stock head unit for a doubled-in touchscreen head unit. Does anyone know if I will lose my steering wheel controls??

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Allot of head units out there do tie into the factory steering wheel controls but you have to do your research.:tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Crutchfield.com
A good place to research or even buy.
They sell audio equipment and adapters to retain steering wheel controls.

Get the AWSC-1 for your steering wheel controls. Easy to program even with the factory phone controls. I did an APPRadio 3 into my STi.

PR_islandboy

Get the AWSC-1 for your steering wheel controls. Easy to program even with the factory phone controls. I did an APPRadio 3 into my STi.

Boogieman98, How do you like the APPRadio 3? I have been thinking about getting that one. Also, it says that comes with a Built-in radio tuner (AM/FM) will I need any additional parts? Thanks!

I like the Appradio 3, especially the new Appradio Live App Pioneer released. It integrates multiples apps into one and the great thing it is free. Do you have a factory Nav? If you have not purchased a wiring harness for your car you have a couple options. 1st options is to purchase the harness from ae64.com. 2nd is you can purchase a Metra 70-8902 harness. I personally bought from ae64.com but he messed the harness up and then told me how to do my own. If you need help I can help you do it. Where you going to buy the Appradio from? I can get them at a discount and don't mind helping out. I can get both the Crutchfield model which does not have the disk drive as well as the one that does.