stupid check engine light

Slacker

hello all! so I have a 04 sti and I have replaced both upstream and downstream o2 sensors. check engine light keeps coming on. the code is for a loose gas cap "p0457" its not loose...its new. also Is it normal to drive 145 miles and use three quarters of a tank of gas. im thinking not.. any ideas?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
hello all! so I have a 04 sti and I have replaced both upstream and downstream o2 sensors. check engine light keeps coming on. the code is for a loose gas cap "p0457" its not loose...its new. also Is it normal to drive 145 miles and use three quarters of a tank of gas. im thinking not.. any ideas?

Any mods to the car? Do you have the capability to datalog?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What intake?

Slacker

it is a K/n typhoon. it was on the car when i bought it a yeah ago. I might have just found the issue tho. right below and just left of the alt is a vaccume hose that is off. blue t connection. will keep you posted on that one.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
it is a K/n typhoon. it was on the car when i bought it a yeah ago. I might have just found the issue tho. right below and just left of the alt is a vaccume hose that is off. blue t connection. will keep you posted on that one.

I think that is it... I believe that connects to a solenoid near by and is related to the evap system. You may need to secure it with a wire tie

Slacker

well the check engine light is off so far.. would that evap line mess with fuel milage. I have been tracking it and i at about 18 to 20mpg.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That sounds like normal mileage for an STI around town. You should get between 24 and 27 highway

Slacker

That e vap line seemed to have done the trick. my sti only has a typhoon intake, the rest is stock. now im getting 24 freeway and about 18 city.