04 sti pitch stop

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION]

Need a few quotes on a few pitch stop brands. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION]
$73.19 shipped for torque solutions. Hmmm ok.
[MENTION=1160]Fast Tuning Products[/MENTION]
Pm me that list with prices. (Shipping included to 44130)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, thanks to both vendors for info as of right now. I need a few days to read reviews on the different brands, but I am looking at Perrin and Torque Solutions as the possible ones currently.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Go with Torque Solutions.

ZackUSAF82

My Torque Solution stuff don't look or feel like knock off anything.

Agreed, I haven't installed my TS pitch stop yet but it's an incredibly clean, well made piece (made in the USA as well). It's solid billet aluminum with really good bushings, don't think you can go wrong with it. You should look into doing tranny and engine mounts as well if you want to maximize the performance of the PS. I haven't done those yet so if I get mine installed before you buy I'll do a review for you of what differences I notice with just the PS installed.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy crap! Almost $500 for tranny mounts + engine mount + pitch stop. Didnt know the tranny and engine mounts were so much! Might as well add another $500 for coils at that point.

ZackUSAF82

They aren't cheap, that's why I haven't done it yet. Plus they're not exactly an easy install either. I'll likely do them at some point but I don't track/auto-x the car so I'm hopeful that the RCE yellows I picked up from BlobeyeSTi will be good enough for me for a while. Suspension stuff is the one thing I always have trouble spending money on...because I have a hard time justifying it to myself. The power stuff, that satisfies the butt dyno and the only time body roll bothers me is when I go to meets and we hit some twisties...which is rare. As awful as it sounds, I'd rather brag about my power on a stock looking car than to deck it out and make it a trailer queen. Plus it's fun when I toast the "muscle" cars in my area and they run away with their tails tucked between their legs cryin' like a biotch. :D

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
RCE Yellows should work just fine. I have them installed and I think they are great middle ground between comfort and performance.
I also have sways, sway mounts, endlinks, bushings, etc. etc. etc--which were installed before the Yellows--so I may be a little biased.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
They aren't cheap, that's why I haven't done it yet. Plus they're not exactly an easy install either. I'll likely do them at some point but I don't track/auto-x the car so I'm hopeful that the RCE yellows I picked up from BlobeyeSTi will be good enough for me for a while. Suspension stuff is the one thing I always have trouble spending money on...because I have a hard time justifying it to myself. The power stuff, that satisfies the butt dyno and the only time body roll bothers me is when I go to meets and we hit some twisties...which is rare. As awful as it sounds, I'd rather brag about my power on a stock looking car than to deck it out and make it a trailer queen. Plus it's fun when I toast the "muscle" cars in my area and they run away with their tails tucked between their legs cryin' like a biotch. :D

Personally, I love leaving a mustang in my dust on a roundabout.

when i get the coils back on, i'll give you a ride and your mind will be changed!

ZackUSAF82

Personally, I love leaving a mustang in my dust on a roundabout.

when i get the coils back on, i'll give you a ride and your mind will be changed!

Oh I've rode in many cars with decked out suspension work to include a WRX, it is amazing how it handles. What isn't amazing is how it increases tire wear and other wear and tear on suspension related parts. The car was designed to run the factory suspension, you start changing it and stiffening things up and it shortens the life on everything. That's one reason I went with the RCE Yellows, from all my research they are the best springs out that will not speed the wear and tear on the shocks to lightspeed as they were specifically crafted and designed by RCE to work with the stock suspension. Now I'm not saying I won't throw swaybars, endlinks and other bushings on at some point but as long as my car is my DD and I drive a pretty much straight stretch of road for 22 miles one way everyday it just makes no sense to me to start adding things that I won't use. I mean, why would I want to increase treadwear on already expensive as hell summer tires that wear out fast enough on their own and cause suspension issues when 90% of the time I drive to work I don't even go into boost...lol. Just doesn't make much sense for me and my driving style.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What isn't amazing is how it increases tire wear and other wear and tear on suspension related parts..... I mean, why would I want to increase treadwear on already expensive as hell summer tires that wear out fast enough on their own

Welllllllll, I think you're a bit off the mark. A nicely tuned suspension shouldnt wear out tires any faster than OEM. And if you're talking comparable spring rates, it shouldnt put any more stress on any of the suspension components. In fact, the argument can be made that a tuned suspension can extend your tires life. If you get less roll and camber changes you will wear the tire more evenly. Take it the opposite way, if you put on super soft springs and can only get 0 degrees camber, if you ever do push the car hard, you'll be wearing out the shoulder of the tire super quickly. Granted the "extend the life" arguement only holds when you're talking about stiffer springs and potentially dialing in a camber setting that you cant get on OEM. But i really dont see how a suspension would wear out the tires quickly, unless you're putting a crazy setup with -2.5 camber or lots of toe, or something. With my coils I've got 3 years and something like 8 track days on my tires and they've still got life left.

But anyways, for a mostly commuter car, you'll definitely get more use from the power off stoplights and when merging. But damn it's fun to put the car into a neutral drift on an onramp.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, in other words, you want to get your setup similar to this:

jc_subaru5.jpg

ZackUSAF82

Lol Alin, no thanks on that bud...that made me throw up a little bit.

And I guess I should have been more clear on the treadwear stuff...I was meaning if I just add springs, sways and endlinks. Everyone I know that has done that with the stock shocks/struts has had serious treadwear issues even with alignment adjustments. I realize that if you put on coilovers or better shocks/struts and drop a ton of money you can definitely have an awesome handling car and increase the longevity of tires...but I just can't see spending 3k plus on the suspension, not until the stock one wears out anyways. ;)