'13 GV Bluetooth Issues

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Hey everyone,
Lately, Ive been having this really weird problem with the Bluetooth audio in my '13 GV. I'll get in, start it up, and it'll connect like normal. THEN, a few minutes later, the music will stop and the radio will say BT-A PLEASE WAIT for a few minutes, and then it will disconnect from my phone. Sometimes, it will connect back again in about 5 minutes without me doing anything, and other times I have to turn off the BT on my phone and turn it back on for it to connect again. At first, I thought it was the fact that I was rolling my windows down(as it just started happening when the weather finally started to get warmer) and that I was near a factory. Perhaps there was some system there that was interfering....but it's happened in other places too, without me rolling the windows down. Anyone have any thoughts? It mostly happens near said factory(it's a paper mill/sewage plant in Canton, NC....If you're from the area you'll be very familiar with it), but it also happens when I'm back at school, far from said factor.

So.....Thoughts?

inferno19d

You need to take it into the dealer. It sounds like a Bluetooth chip issue. I had an issue of connection problems in my 11 and when they replaced the Bluetooth part it worked flawless. Also, from my understanding there have been several issues with the Bluetooth for a while.

Alter3go

I do agree inferno slightly. I would double check my phone or device before the dealership tells you nothing is wrong and blames it on u. I mean some people drop their phones on the ground, toilet, etc...

And it'll ruin their ability to connect with their vehicle and the Bluetooth used In vehicles is strong and not only that it depends on your route that you take since Bluetooth doesn't follow IEE 802 standards (same standards wifi use) it is easy to clip out I can easy stick a magnet from a speaker next to a failing Bluetooth and it'll clip out

What I would do is see if it fails on any other Bluetooth pairing devices at your home such as a BT speaker. Test that out a bit because it's not uncommon for your phone to fail and some phones aren't strong enough over time to separate their signal from all the antennas they have inside them!