Rear suspension clicking noise

khiemboy

Hi everyone! This is my first question for this forum and I'm hoping you guys could give me some pointers. I've recently started to get a clicking sound from my rear suspension at low speeds. Normally I hear it between 1st and 2nd gear. The sound is not consistent either it makes a few clicking sounds and stops then comes back. Could this be a bad Axle?

Thank in advance for the help!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are you on stock suspension? How many miles on the chassis? Could be the strut clunk creepin in slowly. Im sure someone else will be able to help once you provide a little more information. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
First guess would be axle. Check the boots for cracks or grease seeping out. If they are clicking there should be a little bit of play in it, so you can jack the rear end up and check for play.

It could also be dry rubber bushings such as your sway bar bushings. Sometimes they make a sound that can be similar to a click more than a squeak.

khiemboy

Are you on stock suspension? How many miles on the chassis? Could be the strut clunk creepin in slowly. Im sure someone else will be able to help once you provide a little more information. :tup:

Thanks! Sorry I should have added more info. I'm on isc coils and I did have strut clunk in my old OEM suspension. Now its more of a higher pitch tinging noise if that makes sense. My car has 95k miles

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok. Check what [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] said! :tup:

khiemboy

First guess would be axle. Check the boots for cracks or grease seeping out. If they are clicking there should be a little bit of play in it, so you can jack the rear end up and check for play.

It could also be dry rubber bushings such as your sway bar bushings. Sometimes they make a sound that can be similar to a click more than a squeak.

I was thinking it might be the axle because I saw a little bit of a wet stain on the rear diff where the axle attaches. I will check for play this weekend