Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
All I know is that whatever car you'll get in the future is going to be bomb! Your pictures, your reviews, etc.! :tup:

I'm interested in reading about your experience going back to stock and how it is to enjoy the car in (close to) stock form!

All I know is that whatever car you'll get in the future is going to be bomb! Your pictures, your reviews, etc.! :tup:

I'm interested in reading about your experience going back to stock and how it is to enjoy the car in (close to) stock form!

appreciate the kind words! I?ll def be updating the progress of going back to stock hah should be an adventure in itself

Well, it's been a while again; hah, some updates.

I moved into a new house, so before I moved in, I sold the Outback and have been just trying to focus on the STi and bringing that back to stock.

I might keep it as a daily, so we shall see.

So the engine should hopefully be done this weekend or the next.

The car is coming along.

Ordering a front bumper tomorrow.

It really helps to have some good body man friends, haha

So to start, I got my short block stuff come in.

CP forged pistons again (wasn't going to go with these but got them for a wicked deal), King Bearings, new OEM oil pump, new OEM 2015+ crank, all new gaskets, spark plugs, new brakes (which I might not need, might resurface the ones I have)

So here are the parts:

CPs:
cXCLKe9.jpg

l68LNJI.jpg

Parts Box:
AMrtg5I.jpg

m4QeWe4.jpg

New Brakes:
RqrZfkY.jpg

PplNaCR.jpg

New Plugs and Coils:
nBBbetx.jpg

Crank:
ll2BkPP.jpg

I picked up a nice set or 05 BBS wheels and some adapters for cheap to run for winter.

HUP0hLh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On the way to the shop

cM3VYm9.jpg

So one of the first nights at it I removed and sold my full air suspension setup

wasnt a terrible time. Only issue we had is the bottom of the shock is slightly smaller so when the bolt is tq to spec it actually squats in the control arm so reinstalling the oem shocks the bottom is too wide and has to be forced in which was a pain

qSQlzl6.jpg

Trunk shot, what a mess haha

Gluoe88.jpg

before and after. Hard to tell the difference lol

e323rG8.jpg

B8qzuyg.jpg

Its been a bit slow going with the house move and work but thats it. Should be done soon. Got a good chunk done a few nights ago in just a couple hours work.

So we cut out a piece of the donor car.

Ib5zF0a.jpg

tacked it in place so we could fill in the spaces

Dug4Wgy.jpg

welded it in place

QRqKUzg.jpg

then filled in the whole area with weld, then grinded it down

yok3MLL.jpg

J72UTXd.jpg

all grinded down

brdLZ6c.jpg

then threw some primer on it so it would rust

toqe608.jpg

also got the donor front fenders and rear bumper on. Got some sanded left to do for that obv on the rear haha

mYN0820.jpg

front before

SU9STP1.jpg

after

vsFoFoA.jpg

zO3PmLU.jpg

and thats everything so far. Def got some work left to do but hoping itll be on the road before winter comes

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can't wait to see more!

Show us pictures of the house too!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh, shit! How old are you? Gaming, anime, and cars! What other hobbies do you have? Congrats on the house.

Are you happy at this stage in your life?

So another update folks

New tool box come in so had to do a few modzz with that hah

SR12DDE.jpg

m73GilW.jpg

Love origination hah

Anyways while im waiting for the car to get back to me ive just been finishing up the engine. Picked up some filters and what not for oil changes and stuff.

But I got the new Gates Timing Belt on and set the timing which is a bit of a bitch without those company 23 tools

471US4N.jpg

B7gCWgn.jpg

rrYOSLx.jpg

PdZO5by.jpg

and a little garbage pic

XgjgWjB.jpg

Then got all those fenders, quarters, fenders and trunk painted. Just needs to finish the skirts and front bumper and then shes ready for an engine haha

wXNDH9j.jpg

o4AB57B.jpg

3E9xPcC.jpg

This car has quite the journey and not sure ive heard of many cars go through what she has. Its been quite the experience

Well, the car is back!

Finally, haha just about done with the exterior.

The front bumper was painted and mounted, and the fender could adjust a little bit and finish bolting that down.

Getting the engine prepped to go in and realized I don't have my engine mounts, so trying to locate them. I also need to order the air pump delete plates, which I forgot about, haha

Anyways some pics of the car get put into the garage.

35WJroc.jpg

SSR7PMJ.jpg

6iwb7Ve.jpg

gsVlvwx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: