Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

Oh that scrape! 

Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

I know. I just found out I cant jut sand and refinish them cause where its Anodized it will come out a different shade and wont match the other wheels :(

Holy shit, $500 lip!!!! :fuji:

Car looks great as always, minus the lip! :lol:

:tup:

Yea sucks big time :( and thank you for the kind words!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yikes. I know that feeling: It's terrible, and I'm sorry. I would at least TRY to sand/fill and see how it looks. My guess is that it'll look just fine from any reasonable distance. If it doesn't look good, you can still order another lip.

Yikes. I know that feeling: It's terrible, and I'm sorry. I would at least TRY to sand/fill and see how it looks. My guess is that it'll look just fine from any reasonable distance. If it doesn't look good, you can still order another lip.

That's what my plan is for now. Im hoping it wont look to to bad hah

Another little update for you guys or me lol
So had a bit of time so fixed a couple issues.
First was my Driver side low beam kept blowing fuses on me. So I assumed it was the ballast finally crapped out after 5 years which I think was pretty good for cheaper ballast. Anyways changed those out.
Here the fuse here
KZ0bHPx.jpg

First step was disconnect the battery and remove it from the engine bay for more room. You can see the ballast over in the fender. This was after I cut the tie wrap.
FVwT9OY.jpg

Disconnected the connections
EZvX7zV.jpg

The old ballast. Casing is made of plastic.. garbage
oYlld91.jpg

The new ballast. Way better quality. Braided connections and metal case.
yzXGZ0k.jpg

Connections
kkFmJZM.jpg

and then tie wrapped the ballasts together and then tie wrapped to the fender so no movement.
KRzriD7.jpg

Next was I took the flares off and reshaped them back to as normal as I could get it. Got them to sit on the fenders a lot better but when I lowered the car I buckled them out a bit more. So I had to adjust the air in the bags. Hoping that we have enough adjustment on the struts to be able to air out completely but I highly doubt it. Tires are too wide and pushes the flares up :(
Also the spoiler is finally in its last stages. Still waiting for brackets to come back from powder coating im told but this was the spoiler while waiting to be cured.
8kQekXA.jpg

Little update:
So first I was prepping for the car show, things I had to do was reform the flares, fix my shift knob, clean/wax car and fix the a pillar gauge pods.
So first was the pillar,
So first was to use a flat top and pop out the ABS cap, and then unscrew the Phillips bolt
glBclIy.jpg

You can see how bubbly it had gotten
zsWK1Pq.jpg

Next was to sand it down and clean it off
IaRWvnc.jpg

Then start the paint. Couldn't find the right texture paint so its just plain black :( bit better then bubbles I guess
f68e65n.jpg

and dried
lvm2yVN.jpg

ASooB4D.jpg

Didn't get a picture of the knob after lol soon tho. Figured out my passanger side front needs to be reformed by hauling it down and out cause it don't fit over the lip of the tire, rather it squats up. So that was fixed a little but needs be better done.
Also have condensation in the passenger side headlight. So going to put some silica packs in there to soak it up and then reseal them.

Update for anyone who still reads this...
Well after 21 weeks and constantly being lied too I cancelled my chassis mounted spoiler. Fisik Aero denied my refund and I actually had to go through PayPal. Ive come to find out that me and a minimum of 3 other people are in the same boat with the wait game and being lied too.
I also signed another sponsor deal after I ended that one with Strafe Design who are currently making me a rear diffuser and front splitter see below
1NdaPJC.png

I got rid of all my other cleaning supplies and went with the one brand which was Griots Garage and my lord the results are amazing. See below
I7WJUNU.jpg

C4TvfOx.jpg

geR5LPg.jpg

xjbGAdi.jpg

And just a little pic from a recent car show :)
E66A5eV.jpg

also ordered a little lip spoiler and decided to stay basically wingless

KenpoSTi

Update for anyone who still reads this...
Well after 21 weeks and constantly being lied too I cancelled my chassis mounted spoiler. Fisik Aero denied my refund and I actually had to go through PayPal. Ive come to find out that me and a minimum of 3 other people are in the same boat with the wait game and being lied too.
I also signed another sponsor deal after I ended that one with Strafe Design who are currently making me a rear diffuser and front splitter see below
http://i.imgur.com/1NdaPJC.png
I got rid of all my other cleaning supplies and went with the one brand which was Griots Garage and my lord the results are amazing. See below
http://i.imgur.com/I7WJUNU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C4TvfOx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/geR5LPg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xjbGAdi.jpg
And just a little pic from a recent car show :)
http://i.imgur.com/E66A5eV.jpg
also ordered a little lip spoiler and decided to stay basically wingless

Looks great! I recently came across this stuff by Garry Dean. If you have time you can check out my build to see the results of that. Griots is some great stuff!

Well I got a decent update here this evening!
So got new flares, got them sanded down and primed then painted them. Thank god these didn't warp this time haha anyways below are some pics of them painted, they need to be redone cause we kept having trouble with the spray gun
zMudTZB.jpg

b2CbEt2.jpg

and then a pic at a recent car show to show the fitment is way better
XkrD9zh.jpg

Then I got to installing the lip spoiler that I bought off ebay and I regret it. Fitment isn't great. So going to see if I can reform it next days off but below is where I placed some 3m double sided tape
Jo1I5hO.jpg

measured out and drilled a hole for the bolt on the lip spoiler. Couldn't get any damn tools up there to tighten it down at all, tried everything
FwE0zYv.jpg

Installed
iei6Fkv.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looking great!

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*

So had a show this past weekend as well, went out in the morning to fix a couple things, first was the air leak on the front passenger had to be found. Wasn't hard at all. Tried the connection up in the engine bay and also the manifold in the back, both were fine so next was to remove the wheel and try where it connects to the strut and BINGO! Tightened it up and it was perfect again.
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/KieIilj.jpg)
tIdJjAe.jpg

The day before all this I noticed my oil pressure sender unit was leaking so I was going to get up a couple min earlier and tighten it up. Went out in the morning and started the car, looked up and smoke was billowing out the hood scoop. Shut the car off and popped the hood, seen the sender unit leaking so went a got a couple wrenches.
Came back to tighten it and when I started the connection just fell off. Looked at the connection on the line and the sender unit (see below)
DLG97EC.jpg

Sender unit was fuckin stripped out. A guy I got to install it a few years bacl along with some other things had stripped it out. So furious I wasn't going to go, so I made some pancakes and recessed the situation LOL.
So first I took the old connection on the feed line cause I wasn't going to get another one made, only to find out when buddy installed it he put the connection on upside down... So I flipped the connection, rethreaded the sender unit, applied thread tape and put back together and it was perfect lol

So next was the install for my Strafe Design front splitter today,
When it came
YTyGH0H.jpg

Rods
dyCTx1Y.jpg

Splitter
MNshOB6.jpg

Hardware
pbVX7c9.jpg

So first issue I had was that the bolts weren't long enough to bolt up,
gHFObnU.jpg

and it didn't come with spacers, so I quickly ran to a shop and picked up 9 1/4-20 pitch bolts all about 2 inches long and a piece of PVC pipe to make spacers.
Cut 3 pieces at 1 3/4" and cut 6 at 1" but sadly I didn't anticipate the height in the middle for the bolts lol
vA9Mr5I.jpg

and spacers, bolts installed
2ZdQWc2.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Car looks incredible dude!!! :bow: