Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

Vanilla Gorilla

Just read all 80+ pages and all I can say is....incredible.

I have a 15 STI and could only wish to have half the work you've done. Awesome build and great log! I'll keep following as long as you keep updating!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Just read all 80+ pages and all I can say is....incredible.

I have a 15 STI and could only wish to have half the work you've done. Awesome build and great log! I'll keep following as long as you keep updating!

Get any good ideas for your own?

God I haven't updated this in a long time.

Well a little story, had a period of time there where I didn't drive the car and it drove me crazy. Had a bunch of little things to fix and some big ones along with trying to get another house started.

Anyways after months of not having the car sold and not getting any decent offers I decided to keep it and use as an asset. So I took it out of storage a couple weeks ago and started fixing a couple things and fell back in love haha

Well one of the sponsors strafe design gave me a free gift and it was the window vents. Loved the look but sadly without a full time garage it was a hassle because it rains all the time here it seems but some pics anyways

When I unboxed them

Z0pHh9e.jpg

and when I installed and as you can tell it rained lol

IczOUWr.jpg

Next was the diffuser

Forgot to take an unboxed pic but here is right before I start install

Vg3fcY8.jpg

First winglet piece on

Y4dKuXL.jpg

as you can tell I made a mistake with cutting the exhaust garnishes :( I cut it level with what I thought would be where it mounted but I was wrong on both sides.

DPOjJKs.jpg

Next the other side and made the same damn mistake lol

9DpcqcS.jpg

Have some ideas of how to correct it. Thought of taking it all off and wrapping those edges or just simply paint the exposed area so its naked to the eye

XjAHYG4.jpg

I liked these little washer things they use for it. Simply put a washer in front of it and screw it until its tight. Works very well lol

ODNWAC8.jpg

Underneath

NG5BTui.jpg

The only issue I didn't like was the washer they sent where massive. So replacing all bolts with black ones along with washers so its not so noticeable

and now some installed pics from our local Subaru show that I help host with my group :)

5izFjgO.jpg

RzyNJb9.jpg

WAQUvW1.jpg

mcBaPRQ.jpg

Some other things that's been going on was we took the wheels off and lowered the rear and front cups on the struts so I had some more room for the air suspension. Found a boost leak and thought it was the only one but its not lol so still have to find the other one. Going to look into buying a boost leak tester soon.

The rear flares chipped away big time so they are off and getting repainted and then wrapped in clear bra to prevent chips and also the roof is getting re wrapped in gloss black and possibly the mirrors. Other that that's oh and I got a set of Strafe Design canards coming for the front. Got a big car show coming up in a few weeks and then our annual Subaru one

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You're alive!!!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Another little update guys/gals

So my Strafe Design front canards came in so ill go through some issues I had with those and a look at the Street Fraction GT Wing

So first up unboxing the canards and having a look

First thing we seen was that the bracket didn't seem to be flush with the end of the canard due to the think rubber. Originally thought this would pose a problem but once tightened it drew into the bumper with the small canards anyways.

lQg8v6g.jpg

So next we sized up the larger canards. So when just roughly help them where they would go but with the flares they would come out to far past the bumper

qBBVD8c.jpg

iReyd46.jpg

So we just laid them aside. So this coming weekend im hoping to modify a bit in order for them to fit properly

So I installed the small ones anyways. So first thing was to remove front bumper. Pretty straight forward, 4 clip underneath, 5 up top and the quick release band. Simple

xtzfjoZ.jpg

So pretty simple install, line them up with the curve of the bumper and mark the holes

ZDqoslC.jpg

Drilled the holes and put the bolts through

tEzv4gJ.jpg

tadaaa lol

qDO6Gx8.jpg

Next was I got my Street Fraction GT Wing last night.

The Carbon is gorgeous I must say

pelDUoi.jpg

SHUY2IF.jpg

All laid out

Ya5wB4C.jpg

So first thing I done was roughly put it together to see if t all fit well. All fit well except one end plate on the side. So I contacted Street Fraction and all they wanted was a pic and then sent me new ones. Great company to deal with I must say. Either way I might see if I get make these work before hand.

Also some bonus pics

ohWldoB.jpg

V5aF3Xt.jpg

Will be installing this weekend so there will be an update then again :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great job!

Wicked!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Alright another update!

So this weekend passed I put my Street Fraction wing together and put it on. Wasn't a hard job but def recommend two people on this one

So first, the tools youll need to put it together. Nothing serious

VGs8DNa.jpg

So it comes like this, I found a pretty flat and even surface for installing the brackets

k4oaJf6.jpg

The allen key side of the bolt in

BcaL85R.jpg

and the locknut on the other side

LAl8fxM.jpg

So before I put the end plates on I compared the holes and you can see that they weren't even on both

tNj7ZMy.jpg

regardless I still mounted but sent the pictures to street fraction and they sent me new ones just a different style

End plates mounted after I shaved them down a little which you can see in the pic below

AajaCVT.jpg

Altogether and ready to mount

oEuaxbS.jpg

Now the install, so it came with 4 gaskets and 4 bracket mounts which I couldn't understand why. Maybe to sandwich it underneath the hood? Not sure really either way I doubled up the gaskets on the bottom of the brackets

kAkNUMV.jpg

Next we laid it on top of the trunk and measured out each corner until we got a perfect measurement on each side then marked out the holes

u1CZaP5.jpg

Used a 1/4 drill bit for the holes

710GMsQ.jpg

Popped the trunk and took out the inner shell
and pulled the clips out with a clip puller

Eco5F88.jpg

We tried a couple different ways at first to get the nut in but eventually I said to hell with it and got a uni-bit and drilled holes right where the bolt came in and used a ratchet. Now the only thing im going back to do because my buddy mentioned it after is im going with larger washers because right now its a small nut and a small washer with just the sheet metal of the trunk so going back to get a perfect fitted washer for more security

m8lEi6Y.jpg

Got it all snug up and checked all bolts and shes mounted

JvzlsxJ.jpg

Some better quality pics to go along

ei0k5u4.jpg

mTlSfgg.jpg

xSuPOK2.jpg

Loved it way more than I thought I would lol and also note the spoiler is 69" wide

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Fuck!!!! That looks sooooooo good!!! :bow: