The Hunting & Fishing Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
[MENTION=3629]Boosted Bowhunter[/MENTION], that cut throat at the top of page two is the most beautiful picture of a freshwater fish I've seen in years. Outstanding.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Gearing up for deer season here in Michigan. The first day (firearm) is Saturday, Nov 15th. Anyone else in Michigan planning to hunt this year?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Currently pondering whether I will be able to fit a buck in the trunk of the Batmobile. I think the trunk itself is more than large enough, but I have a triangle/V-brace, a methanol pump and 5 gallon tank back there. One coworker suggested I tie it to the roof. I can't see myself doing that, the paint would get all dicked up.
Maybe I can stuff it in the trunk with the ass hanging out, tie the half opened trunk lid down and call it a day. :lol:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Currently pondering whether I will be able to fit a buck in the trunk of the Batmobile. I think the trunk itself is more than large enough, but I have a triangle/V-brace, a methanol pump and 5 gallon tank back there. One coworker suggested I tie it to the roof. I can't see myself doing that, the paint would get all dicked up.
Maybe I can stuff it in the trunk with the ass hanging out, tie the half opened trunk lid down and call it a day. :lol:

Chainsaw

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whatever the case pics are a must. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I must have walked 5 ****ing miles this weekend. Up and down steep ridges, through shit tons of brush and briars, in and around swamps and all over the place. My legs still feel like I did 10,000 squats. :lol:

One guy got a HUGE 10 point about 1/2 mile from me on Saturday. Other than that, I didn't see any deer until last night at 5:40-ish (already tooooo dark to shoot or identify antlers). I snuck up on one of them to about 40 yards before it realized something wasn't right...never saw or smelled me...but knew something was up. By that point, it was so dark, I couldn't have shot it anyway.

I'm heading back out there this Saturday, to the same spot I stalked that deer at, which surprisingly enough is quite close to the road---so I won't have to hike almost 3/4 mile through rough terrain back in as far---maybe a 1/4 mile at most.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
There was so much activity this morning in the woods. Squirrels running all over making me think I'm hearing deer moving, red tail hawk circling and screaming---probably watching the squirrels---and a pair of sandhill cranes gliding over like teradactyls.

Now it's dead silent. Maybe it's time to move. Decisions, decisons.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Never move!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I have a couple spots I like to sit in. I'm not talking about walking all day, just closer to their bedding areas. Damn, HUGE fox squirrel right next to me.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pics or youre full of turbo lag! :tard: :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
No snow makes it harder to see.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417010613131.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417010613131.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 65

IGOTASTi