Intake Silencer Delete. DIY Mod.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The intention of this mod is to increase the audible noise made when the turbo spools up, and when the bypass valve releases pressure.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:rofl: The shifting scenes at the end!!!! :rofl: :bow:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I would say not to put anything like a hockey puck between the jack and the car. The puck can squirt out. That's why the jack pad has teeth and the jack point on the car is contoured to keep the the teeth locked on.
They make foam pads for the sake of keeping your finish nice. If your really anal about that sort of thing?
Big thumbs down on this video for that.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I use a block of wood in between the teeth and car. :tup:

Alter3go

A cheap solution is a newspaper roll.

Was it just me or did anyone else cringe when he took a saw to a piece of his vehicle?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
A cheap solution is a newspaper roll.

Was it just me or did anyone else cringe when he took a saw to a piece of his vehicle?
I sawed my silencer before I got the Cobb intake. :lol: :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
(Toes curling)
It's a useless piece of plastic. You can always buy another one. :lol:

The exception are the people who are 100% bone stock such as [MENTION=1069]35r[/MENTION] . :lol:

Alter3go

LOL yeah I guess it is. I know on mine there is the white baffle you delete, but I saw the saw and I was like (turned head) " what's he doing with that? Ohhhh dear ohhh jeez" (Closed eyes) then he was installing that 10mm bolt haha

35r

Yeah, 100% stock FTMFW! A guy i know.....pretty well...... Took a sawzall to the inside of his engine bay to stop his intake from rubbing. He's a maniac! Hahahahaha