Used Coilovers Question

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, where can I find ribbed neck bolts/studs? I want to replace the broken stud right now....

I'm thinking Lowes and Home Depot are first on the list and then if they don't have it, I need to go to the Hardware store.

How much damn force is needed to actually knock the stud out of its socket???! I've been hammering at it for a few minutes and it won't even budge!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What are you working on?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you get it fixed?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
No not yet. I did research online but they all said to tap it out with a hammer. It dodnt come out so i was waiting for you guys for input. I put the coil on a block of wood. Held it. Pummeled on the broken stud. No movement at all!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
You might be able to use a bolt in its place.
I doubt the standard stores would have that type of fastener, but who knows?
McMaster Carr, Grainger or Fastenal.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Its a ribbed neck bolt. I can find one locally but idk what size and type cause i cant hammer it out to measure. Cant find shit online about the specs for bolts on these coils

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Try heat then pound it.
Or cut it of near flush to the strut top and then drill it out with a hardened bit.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Got it out after attempting to pound it out like a madman.... No local bullshit stores had anything in stock, as expected... :tdown:

Going to a hardware store tomorrow that's for semi trucks to see if they could have it.

And if that doesn't work, then Summit Racing it is!

Hoping to get them on this upcoming weekend.