Dunlop Direzza DZ101

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
"Breathtaking grip"

That's my review. :tup: These beat RE760..... :doh: You can get them right now for $298.xx shipped to your door. I paid $267.xx a month ago. Seems like prices went up slightly.

245/40R17

• Max Load: 1356
  • Tread Depth: 10.00
  • Uninflated Overall Width: 9.80
  • Uninflated Overall Diameter: 24.70
  • Approved Rim Width: 8.0-9.5
  • Tire Revolutions Per Mile: 845
This tire is designed for the ultimate car enthusiast. If you enjoy as much time under the hood as behind the wheel, this is the tire for you.

www.simpletire.com

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
500 miles later...

These tires are stupid good man.... :doh:

They're still stupid cheap too; under $300 shipped right now.

I'm going to be buying another set this week for when the current ones are done. (which won't be for at least 2 years! :tup: )

They just don't break grip!!!! It's insane!!!!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Really?! These are better than RE760 Sport's? I'm running RE760 Sport's right now and they are my favorite tire so far.....except in the rain. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Im taking the same turns i took with the re760 faster with the dz101. I have not driven with them in the rain yet. All dry 55-90 degree weather.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I have a feeling they won't last as long as RE760's.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Gimme 30 min or so and ill look at both tires' treadwear.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
There's little point in looking up the treadwear rating. Treadwear ratings are only useful when comparing ratings from the same company.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok so just to get some sort of idea regardless if the treadwear doesnt work since its not the same brand.

Dunlop= 300
Bridgestone= 340

So they should be somewhat similar. Ill let you know as time goes on. 2/14 - 10-14 is when i had the potenzas and they ate 2/32nd tread in that time frame.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Update on the tires now that I've driven them on a few wet days. These tires aren't that great in the rain IF AND ONLY IF you get on it. Once your peak torque kicks in, you'll start spinning all four wheels all the way to fourth gear. However, you can't beat these for their price during nice dry days. :tup: